ode to the ex-boyfriend | Teen Ink

ode to the ex-boyfriend

June 15, 2010
By frogsof2015 SILVER, Farmington, Minnesota
frogsof2015 SILVER, Farmington, Minnesota
8 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
you got nothing to lose if you have nothing to begin with.


when you think of me, what do you think of? is it how i loved you more than anything and how i reminded you daily? how whenever you totally messed up i was always understanding and forgave you in a heartbeat? or is it how i biked to see you when i was so sick i could barely breathe and how you skated to see me when the muscles in your knees were finally starting to grow back? do you remember leaning in, tilting your head to the left, saying, "you deserve this", and finally kissing me for the very first time? do you remember our second kiss? do you remember each night we would send those 7 page long text messages to each other saying how much the other person meant to us? does "i dedicate every breath i take, word i speak, every step i take to you" ring a bell? remember how you called me "precious" and "baby"? or how the first thing you said to me after we started dating was, "can i call you my girl?" or when you think of me, do you think about how you ripped my heart from my chest and tore it apart?

when i think of you, i remember all of that.