Justin Bieber Concert | Teen Ink

Justin Bieber Concert

By BieberLover BRONZE, Mattawan, Michigan
BieberLover BRONZE, Mattawan, Michigan

Millions of girls screaming everywhere you turn, waiting in line to buy a souvenir and the curtains slowly opening to the start of the show.

"Abby, Abby!" Right then I snapped out of a day dream only wishing I was actually there, at the Justin Bieber concert when Nadia called my name excitedly. "Tomorrow's the day!" she announced.

After finishing the rest of the school day, having to wait all night, and leaving right after school the next day, we experienced that once in a life time opportunity we had been counting down to for months. That one day before the concert felt like a whole year because we were so excited to see Justin Bieber, a sixteen year old singing sensation. When the time finally came around, we were as ready as we would ever be.

*

*

*

*

*

*

Driving into Chicago on March 25, after sitting in the car for three hours, Nadia and I were very anxious to get there while she was probably thinking, when are we going to get there? We found a parking spot for thirty dollars right outside the theatre. I got my camera ready making sure it was full of battery, Nadia grabbed the tickets and we jumped out of the car to the sound of that piercing scream coming from every girl in my line of vision. The sight of girls dressed in tall heart socks, short jean shorts, and Justin Bieber t-shirts, carrying their posters, waving them happily in the air. Nadia was wearing jeans, a button up plaid shirt and her brown hair down. Some of the girls were even wearing Justin Bieber sunglasses. We couldn't believe the madness was already happening one hour before the concert even started. Walking through the doors all alone, Nadia and I paused as they checked our tickets and we walked straight to the souvenir stand to start to wait in the line that curled around the entire bottom floor. We waited about twenty minutes in line until realizing it was going to take at least an hour before we got to the front table to get our shirts. We hopped out of line forty five minutes before the blue-gray curtains were going to open, found our seats on the second floor, even though they were on the second floor they were still very close to the stage. We met the girls sitting next to us, about the same age and also with no parents there. Nadia, crazy and the furthest from shy and I found out they came all the way from Missouri to see Justin Bieber and their moms were at the hotel next door, not wanting to go to the concert with millions of screaming girls and not wanting to pay one hundred and fifty dollars for a ticket, just like my mom. People were starting chants such as, Justin-Bieber, Bieber, and we want Bieber. Nadia and I just couldn't resist and had to join in! The DJ started talking and the curtains opened right at seven o' clock Chicago time, everyone screamed that ear piercing sound we had been hearing all night, but this time it was louder than earlier. There were two opening acts that did about five songs each. After they were done, the DJ asked if we were ready for Bieber time! Once again, that ear piercing scream. Since the opening acts had finished, singing for about one hour, it was time for an intermission. Nadia and I sprinted out, ran down the stairs and were the first in line to buy a t-shirt. After buying our new Justin Bieber shirts, we walked to the bathroom to put them on. Our shirts, along with all the pictures we took were the memories of the concert we would remember forever. Our throats were hurting from screaming so loud, therefore we went to wait in another long line to get water. Nadia and I were discussing what songs Justin would sing and if he would look the same live. Before we had a chance to buy a water, the DJ came over the speakers letting us know it was about time for Justin. We bolted in the theatre ready to see him perform. I pulled my camera out and got it ready to flash a picture as soon as his face showed. The countdown started on the screen and every single person in that theatre screamed the loudest they have probably ever screamed in their life. Justin jogged out, and Nadia and I looked at each other not believing he was only a few feet away. We joined in with him singing the first song of the night, That Should Be Me. He then talked awhile thanking us for the support and being such great fans, followed by more great hits, including Baby, One Time, Favorite Girl, Stuck in the Moment, One Less Lonely Girl, and many others. At every concert he has, he chooses one lucky girl to come on stage, get one less lonely girl sang to her, he gives her flowers and she will later get to meet him backstage. Walking out of the theatre that night we were disappointed it was over, but very happy we got to see Justin. It was very tight, trying to get out of the parking lot, but that was the time we got to share the awesome experience with my mom. The three hour ride home would mean we wouldn't get home until 1:30 in the morning, even though we still had school the next morning. We were so tired, four and a half hours asleep felt like nothing, but that day at school we got to show off our shirts, pictures, wonderful experience with everyone and still we have flash backs of millions of girls screaming and that one second when the curtains opened to Justin Bieber.

My friend and I got to enjoy the Justin Bieber concert every girl is wanting to go to.

justinbieber said...
justinbieber, Atlanta, Georgia
hey good job on this article it is really good write more:)

justinbieber said...
justinbieber, Atlanta, Georgia
i agree:):):):):)stephaniey

jamesmaslow said...
jamesmaslow, Alanta, Georgia
i know write:)

StephanieY BRONZE, Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
I thought it was good, I am not a jb fan but i respect him and its a article it doesnt matter if u like him why did u read it if you were going to say that u hate jb??

justinbieber said...
justinbieber, Atlanta, Georgia
i rated you 5 stars beliber

justinbieber said...
justinbieber, Atlanta, Georgia
hey its jb nice job bieberlover i am glad you liked my concert.continue to write you are talented.

justinbieber said...
justinbieber, Atlanta, Georgia
hey i am justin bieber and i dont care if you do not like me just dont go hating on those who do:)

mrs.bieber1 said...
again you are still a liar you are not justin biebers girlfriend

no you dont your a liar a stupid liar ;p

bieberlover4ever, Wesfield, Massachusetts

waz up

your mean for saying that about jb

M_IML DIAMOND said...
M_IML DIAMOND, Ganei Tikva, Other
I don't think you understand what i'm trying to say. the point isn't that I don't like Justin Beiber or his fans, the point is that I think both the people who can only talk about him and think their "whole life is about him, OMG!" and the people who say that they absolutely loathe him are making too big a deal out of it- going to extremes. Seriously unhealthy extremes, like sending his girlfriends jealous death threats or cutting JB's name into their arms. I'm not criticizing JB, or his music, or his style. I just think that the way some of his fans think about him is less about him and more about the 'Bieber fever' - I'm not saying that they shouldn't love his music or be his fans, or be super-reasonable about it. 

sammy_girl11 PLATINUM, Black Earth, Wisconsin
I think being passionate about something, even if you don't agree with it, is worth "losing sleep on a school night". I think screaming your head off for something you love is exhilarating, and doing things you love to do, no matter what anyone else thinks of you, is great. School is important but so is living! So is occasionally doing something spontaneous and FUN. If you feel the need to criticize people on their grammar - fine, but you shouldn't try to convince them that what they love is wrong or stupid. Not everyone is going to love what you love. Also, this is "Teen" Ink, and teens love Justin Bieber, so if you want only deep, intellectual discussions, you might want to think about looking somewhere else.

M_IML DIAMOND said...
M_IML DIAMOND, Ganei Tikva, Other

Um, wow. Coincidence? A really bad argument just started today in my music class b/c of Justin Beiber. I totally agree with you guys, forgottenpenanme and magic-esi; I don't hate Justin Beiber or like him, but I get really annoyed by comments like this on TeenInk - they're EVERYWHERE. Just because someone doesn't like a certain artist and his/her music doesn't mean that he/she's jealous or a "hater"; it just goes to extremes with the "I hate justin beiber/OMG OMG OMG JB IS SO AWESOME OMG I LUVVV HIM SO MUCH OMG". You don't have to worship the guy OR loathe him, there can be middle ground...

Sorry if I'm just repeating what you guys already said but this is a really important topic to me - I mean, people are cutting his name into their arms to show how much they worship him. It's terrible

magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Yes! That's what I meant, forgottenpenname. Well said. Sorry if what I said offended you, bieberl0ve15. I didn't mean all Justin Bieber fans are idiots or something. I just meant that... well, what forgottenpenname said. That the people who were talking here weren't using very good grammar, and that a writing site shouldn't be used up for something like this. I understand what you're saying- the writer's feelings about Justin Bieber were expressed throughout the article, and just because they differ from mine, I shouldn't be so rude. It was the comments that bothered me. But you're right; I probably should have been less rude. I guess I just thought nobody in this comments section was going to reply with a good argument. But I was wrong. Thanks for standing up for the intelligent Bieber fans.

forgottenpenname GOLD, Troy, Michigan

"Carpe diem."

Sorry, I guess my reply wasn't obvious enough: I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST YOU GUYS LIKING JUSTIN BIEBER. Yes, I have my idols too, and yes, I would absolutely flip out if I got that close to them (I was fifth row at a Taylor Swift concert last year -- believe me, I KNOW).

What I have an issue with is somebody coming on a writing website where we're expected to critique and support one another, for our WRITING, and all you guys can talk about is Bieber, and meanwhile a good percentage of these replies are using texting language. I'm sorry, but I think it's rude to Teen Ink to take up space on their website with comments that would be more appropriately stated on a Justin Bieber fan site.

I have nothing against you LIKING Justin Bieber, I just ask you all to realize you are on Teen Ink and to reply accordingly.

I do thank you, though, bieberl0ve15, for a really good reply... You totally strengthened your ethos with this and I have a lot of respect for you. :)

Untouchable-Summer SILVER, Cranford, New Jersey

Even the best fall down sometimes

Haha, your name is "ilovejb" ....

Even the best fall down sometimes

Okay, just because someone really likes Justin Bieber, that doesn't mean they can't write and don't have good grammar! Justin is inspirational to millions all over the world. I'm sure you have an idol you look up to. If you were to be just feet away from them the following day, wouldn't you be unable to get much sleep too? Please consider others' feelings before you post this. You are welcome to state your opinion, but it wouldn't hurt any feelings if you didn't offend somebody's writing skills. Sorry if this sounds mean, but I felt I needed to say this after reading these comments :)

ilovejb said...
Not everyone cares about jb.

itsokaytobeme16 GOLD, Thronwood, New York
I`m a huge belieber and your seats were really close.  I ended up staying bacstage the whole time, but my seats were supposed to be high up.  I met Justin, and your story just reminds me of that  night.

Alainakyrstin BRONZE, Granite Falls, Washington

"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know" -E. Hemingway

I went to a JB concert last summer, and i do have to admit that i probably will never forget it:) me and my best friend lost ALOT of sleep the night before in anticipation of it:) and the day of we actually sat around in our JB t-shirts singing along to his CDs..... haha now i dont like bieber and im actually pretty shocked that i did all thisxD anyway I'm glad someone else is as crazy over bieber as i was:)