The Golden Light of Hope | Teen Ink

The Golden Light of Hope

By shannonk23 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
shannonk23 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

In the Disney Movie Tangled, Rapunzel has been trapped in a high and towering castle by an evil witch with no contact with the outside world. Despite all of this, she still remained happy as she sang and dreamt of a life outside of what she calls home. Later on, she realizes her long and magical golden hair would become her only way of connection to the outside world. 

In her isolation, she learns to adapt and survive using the limited resources available to her. Rapunzel still found joy in life believing everyone else's lives were the same as hers. As she looked out the window, she met a man named Flynn. While talking, Flynn encouraged her to leave the castle and isolation with him and see the outside world. 

Rapunzel used her long golden hair as a ladder to climb in and out of the tower. With Flynn by her side, she falls in love with the new world she is uncovering. As well as this, Rapunzel discovers her new identity as the lost princess. With the help of Flynn and her own courage, Rapunzel was able to break free from her mother’s hostage. 

With determination and perseverance, Rapunzel took control of her own life with nothing holding her back from her dream of seeing the world. In my opinion, I think this is the most powerful and impactful Disney Princess story. As a young girl, I looked up to her courage, determination, and bravery. 

To this day, I have shown perseverance in many ways. I always show up and do my best whether it be in school, work, or the gym. I changed my way of thinking by making the most out of life.  I always think back to Rapunzel and how showing courage and determination brought her a long way. It brought her to the light of hope.