Pressure | Teen Ink

Pressure

September 27, 2023
By 4giencke SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin
4giencke SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A single piece of paper with 80 holes punched perfectly. It hangs above my door in my room so every time when I wake up it reminds me of who I want to be. Whenever I stare at this target I think of all of the times I have failed, cried, and tried my hardest to achieve this moment. 


One thing I can’t live without would be my archery target which was a perfect score. I have been competitively shooting a bow and arrow for most of my life. Archery is one of the most difficult sports. It is a mental sport, it is based on repetition and consistency. It is easy to learn but difficult to master. It took me four years of competitions to achieve the perfect score.


On that day I achieved the perfect score, the best part about it was that my family was there to witness it. I can still remember my father being very nervous. It was the same feeling while watching the end of the Super Bowl. He would always watch through a window and I would always try to avoid contact when I was in my competition. When the last arrow hit the target, I had never seen my father so happy before.