Snow Day | Teen Ink

Snow Day

May 31, 2023
By elizabethw_74 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
elizabethw_74 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Snow had been piling on the grass all day like it was never-ending. My family just got done with eating dinner and my Dad had left to go into the mudroom. I turned my head and saw him putting on his snow pants, and my face lit up like a light bulb. I ran upstairs to quickly change into some warmer clothes, then made my way to the mudroom. 

“Come on, Alex!” I yelled at my brother, who was lagging behind. 

“I’m going, I’m going.”

I pulled on my snowpants, zipped up my winter coat, then put on my hat and gloves. I heard the snowblower start up outside, and I urged my brother to hurry up. We got outside and jumped into the snow next to our driveway, throwing snowballs at each other. Whenever my Dad passed us, he aimed the snow blower so that the snow from the driveway would shoot out and bury us. Before I knew it the driveway was clear and I ran up to the backdoor, peaking my head inside. 

“Mom! Come outside!” I shouted. 

My dad went to the garage and got the molds to make forts. 

“I’m on Dad’s team!” I called. 

Once my Mom came outside, her and my brother made their fort, while my Dad and I made ours. They were both pretty pathetic, but it didn’t matter. We made a pile of snowballs and got ready for the epic battle. We started throwing snowballs at each other and it all turned into chaos. I think I missed all of my shots but I wasn’t sure. Eventually our forts were destroyed and the cold was starting to get to us. 

“Can you make hot chocolate please?” I asked my Mom. 

“Of course.”

I sipped on the hot drink until my eyes were drooping and I collapsed into my bed.


The author's comments:

Based on my expierence of snow days when I was young.