Injured | Teen Ink

Injured

By antea_sulaj1 SILVER, Tirana, Other
antea_sulaj1 SILVER, Tirana, Other

This year, my family and I decided to go to Palase for summer vacation. I was really excited about going because all my friends would be there too. Palase is a beautiful beach in the south of Albania with crystal clear water and small stones and pebbles instead of sand. The most exciting part for me was that we rented a villa in the same place as my friends did. As we arrived, I went running into the house to look at it. It was perfect, just like I had imagined it. I couldn’t wait a moment longer to meet everyone, so I quickly got dressed and called one of my friends. Perla came rushing to my house, driving her golf cart. She stopped in front of my house and honked the horn until I got out. I hopped in the front seat, and we drove off. As she was driving super-fast, I got a bit scared and worried and asked her to slow down. She surprisingly said okay. She slowed down and I was relieved. At that moment, we had just passed the gate where all the restaurants are. We were hungry and decided to eat dinner at Nazar. As we were going faster, my slipper almost fell off the golf cart, so I leaned against the side of the seat to fix it. I didn’t pay attention to the road ahead which was a mistake. At that moment Perla took an unexpected turn and I fell off and slammed to the ground. A swarm of people surrounded me and kept asking if I was okay. I was dizzy. My head hurt so much, and my knee was stinging with pain. We went to the pharmacy, and the nurse cleaned my knee. It stung so much that I wasn’t even thinking about what I’d tell my mom. We left the pharmacy and went to dinner and hung out with some other friends. I was still a bit dizzy but the food was delicious, and we had fun. Perla drove me back to my house after dinner and I kissed her goodbye. I knocked on the front door and mom came out. She didn’t notice my knee at first but when she did, she got very worried.  
“What happened to your knee?” She said.  
“I tripped on my own foot.” I lied.  
She believed me and we laughed and hugged. She knew how clumsy I could be. I went upstairs, changed, brushed my teeth, and went to bed.  
“Today was an interesting series of events,” I thought to myself. “I wonder what will happen tomorrow.” 
And I dozed off to sleep.