Iowa | Teen Ink

Iowa

January 22, 2019
By Monkeye22 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Monkeye22 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I use to live out in the country and a lot of funny things happened one thing that was funny was we had an angry roosters and we had a family event and my cousins and I made a bet to see who could make the rooster angrier and get away because the rooster would chase everyone and everything. There was five of us and I was the second youngest and I would normally get first or second place. We would do that every time they would come over sometimes there were five of us other times only two at one point there was seven of us. The more people the harder it was to win. This is why living out in the country is a major life choice for me. If I was going to live on a farm it would be seven acres or more. My top three reasons are there's more room to do things than in town, It's a great place to raise kids, and It's a great area to host family events.

Living out on a farm is great because there's a lot of room to do things because there's areas on the farm were its nice to go mudding which can be a lot of fun and there's areas to make little jumps and obstacle courses. When I lived out in the country on a farm I love to go mudding and be outside in general. In order to do that there needs to be equipment which living on a farm thats works perfect because there’s room for sheds storage areas to put equipment. Another thing to do on a farm is  race around the yard and use whatever is there with a key in it. Like me and some of my cousins would use lawn mowers, dirtbikes and four wheelers. Living on a farm there’s always some town to work in but some of those places might be a bit of a drive. If there's a farm that needs help or start a new farm this would be great because there's room. There's places to put equipment and whatever there needs that needs a roof over it. If having kids is something is a must living on a farm would be great and this leads me into my next topic.

Living out in the country is a great place to raise kids. Because there is a large area to run around they can find things to do that some people can’t in a town or city. When I live out on a farm I love how wide open it was compared to living in town. If there is a large area for kids to run around and that can come in handy especially when kids are at a young age. Another good thing is that they will always stay busy and they learn to be independent and that’s great to learn that at a young age. If there's things to do on the farm the kids will not be inside as much and won’t be attached to their phones or games as much as some kids. They can learn how to make something out of nothing for entertainment and won't have to rely on a tv or technology. This will lead me into my next topic on why it's a good place to host family events.

Living out in the country would be great to host family events. Because if there’s a large family and they want to have a party and invite all family and friends it's great for that because its a large area where there could be a big bomb fire or something like that. Another reason living out on a farm is would be great because if someone wanted to have a graduation party, birthday party etc it would be great area for it. I think that a farm is great for families  but sometimes it can be hard to get to because it's in the middle of nowhere sometimes. I know that everytime my family had something going on and they had to come to our farm we sometimes would have to go and find.