soundtrack of my life | Teen Ink

soundtrack of my life

March 23, 2009
By will wentland BRONZE, Park City, Utah
will wentland BRONZE, Park City, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Listener:

I was born in California on January 26, 1995. I moved to Utah after 3rd grade, and I had to leave a lot of friends there. When we got here, we lived in Elk Meadows, but we moved to a different neighborhood here, and that’s where I live now. (February, 2009) I’m trying in school to get all A’s and B’s because last quarter I didn’t do so well; I got a few D’s, and I know I can do better. I hope you enjoy “The Soundtrack of my life.

The purpose for my soundtrack is for those who listen to it…to know me and what makes me tick. First off, I’d like to say that the songs that I’m going to play are going to help explain some things about me. I hope that someday my future children will listen to this and realize that we’re not that different from each other.

The first song is going to explain my favorite place which is my imagination, and guess what? That’s really close to the song’s name: “Imagine” and it’s by John Lennon. My mom used to say that my imagination would make me a great writer for children’s books.

My next song is “Over the river and through the woods to grandmas house we go” by Bob Gallo because thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. The reason is you get to eat till you’re full enough to last you two weeks.

After that it is going to be “Lucy in the sky” by the Beetles. The reason I have this song is my oldest brother had a dog named Lucie and I loved that dog more than I loved my brother.

Then it will be “Home” ,by the group 3 days grace, for the longest time I was away from home, I was at my best friends house I was there for pretty much the whole summer. I was even offered to stay there with his family but I respectfully declined.

I know that a few students if not all have had to move once or more. My first move was the biggest I came from California to Utah then I moved around Park city. The song is “On the road again” by Willie Nelson.

The next paragraph is about my favorite cousin we hang out, we do what friends do, so I chose “Me and you and a dog named boo” by Lobo.

When I was a Boy scout I climbed out of my window before a scout outing and my dad came in to get me and I got into a lot of trouble so I chose “Stupid” by Josh Craner as my second to last song.

My last song is for my mom she passed away in sixth grade some were in the third quarter I miss her, a lot and I really wish I could bring her back she is the only one that stopped most of the conflicts and then our family will be complete again that is why I chose “In the arms of the angel” by Sarah Mclaughlin.