The Darkness | Teen Ink

The Darkness

April 14, 2015
By Gemini01 SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina
Gemini01 SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina
8 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
The heart is the same as heaven and earth


Five years ago, my best friend, Isaiah Joseph, died of a brain tumor. I new it had been coming since the last time I saw him he was in a wheelchair, was cross-eyed, could barely do anything really. But, I was still shocked, it was just one of those things were you can't help but be stunned. He was one of the only people who understood me, who actually accepted me. Without him, I didn't know what to do with myself. I went to a party at Carowinds that was in memory of him and cheered me up a bit but not much and not for long. That was when I through myself into the darkness. I wouldn't socialize, I wouldn't go outside, I would just do what I was told to do in school and other things like that. My mom tried to get me to play with some of my friends and she sometimes did but, I would soon get bored and just stare out a window not doing anything. There was nothing but darkness. A few times I thought about commiting suicide so that I could see him again, even told my mom once or twice. But I didn't cause even though I was down, I knew I could get back up. Heck, I wasn't even a year old when I had to get open heart surgery and T.E. Fistula surgery. Then I also thought, what was the point of it, what if I didn't see him again if did it? So, yeah, the darkness got to me, it dragged me down and it almost took me, and in a way it does still have some control over me, but that doesn't mean you can't get back up. So just remeber, if the darkness ever starts to you think about it, and make sure you make the right choice.