Art in Me | Teen Ink

Art in Me

By TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other
TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
Orison Swett Marden

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." - Anais Nin

we speak in hushed voices so as to not wake our memories

Sometimes we need a sharpener more than an eraser. Aren’t we always constantly wishing for the clock to turn so that we could do things in a different way, so that we could say better goodbyes or turn into better people? Don’t we sometimes wish that we had expanded our horizon and made more effort in everything we did? I think we all are always wishing to erase things and start anew, we look for perfect lives mimicking Picasso on paper, and we know that perfect strokes at one chance is not everyone’s area of expertise, but we are always striving, forever trying for perfection. But sometimes we need a sharpener to chisel our life, to carve our stupidity into experience, to make ourselves better, just like a pencil needs a reality check after a while. Some people, they burst from seams and let themselves combust in order to create a beautiful picture. We sharpen and sharpen until the end and then finally give in. But the pictures never die, they are always there, so it’s important for us to keep drawing.

This is what I think I am, a pencil trying to find my place.

TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other

Orison Swett Marden

Thank you very much Bryn :)

Bryn.B GOLD said...
Bryn.B GOLD, Spring, Texas

"Maybe who I was cannot be captured, only reminisced; all I know is I'm my favorite me I've ever been."

-Michael W. J. Yearout

I love this metaphor! So thought driven and thought driving.