The Last Story | Teen Ink

The Last Story

By MelissaLopez SILVER, Pasco, Washington
MelissaLopez SILVER, Pasco, Washington

When I realized I was about to die instead of taking it as a bad thing, I took as if I was born again. A new opportunity I had of life, but I’m not going to lie when I found out I was terrified, I felt shivers all over my body I didn’t believe it. When all my family found out the terrible news they were very sad and mad that I was in that situation. When I saw them that worried I smiled at them and said that everything was going to be okay, that they should stop worrying so much. Everything happens for a reason that’s how life is. The doctors diagnostic was that I had cancer and that I only had three months to live if I took good care of myself.

That was two and a half months ago I have realized now so many beautiful new things. Many other people don’t take part of their time to notice them. Like a smile, or a kiss from the person you love. I have become a better person, I learned to live life a different way. After I left the hospital I went running to church to ask God to take care of all my loved ones and to thank him for all he has given me. After that I made a list of all the things I wanted to do before I died. In that list all my dreams, my wishes, and all the crazy things I wanted to do were going to be there.

The first thing I wanted to do since I was little was to get married in the same church my parents got married in. The second thing was to be in two places at the same time. The third thing on my list was to find a star that nobody had seen and name it the same as the person I loved. The fourth thing was to write a soap opera and be a great writer. My last and final thing was to live my last days with my loved ones. This list is short and maybe a little dumb, but this is what I dreamed of.

I still can’t believe I managed to finish my list in these last couple of months I had. Now I’m happily married, I got married in the same church my parents got married in. I was in two places at the same time, I did this by using the power of technology nothing out of the ordinary I used a program named Skype. A friend in the other side of the world went to the Eiffel Tower while I was in Hollywood at the Holly wood sign. Technically I wasn’t in two places at the same time, but I felt like I was. Then I found a beautiful star and named it as my soul mate the person I love with all my heart. I wrote my soap opera and I think it’s pretty good, and know I’m currently living with all my loved ones. I am the happiest person in the universe and I’m thankful for having this beautiful life.

Before all of this happened I used to live life very different, usually in a negative way. I used to not see all the beautiful things I already had, I complained of what I didn’t have. All the dreams I had I saw them in a way where they were unreachable, and in two months I saw that if I really wanted it I could do anything. I learned a valuable lesson in life. I just wished that I didn’t have to find out I was going to die to realize it and that anything was possible.