Life is Difficult and so are Major Changes | Teen Ink

Life is Difficult and so are Major Changes

The time I had to move or make a major change was on February 29, 2018. We had to move to get away from someone and my mom never came with us on February 28, 2018. My mom told me to go out of the back door and take nothing with us. We were all panicked because we had to leave our home and had nowhere to go until my sister Isabelle said we could go to her friend’s house. Her name was Hannah.

It was freezing outside since it was Port Huron, and it’s always cold, and we weren’t wearing winter clothes. My mom left our dog, Queen, but she said she was going to be okay with my “Step-Father.” I never really called him “Dad” since they were never married and they only dated, but he was the person that we needed to get away from. We arrived at the house and stayed the night, but that was the worst day for me. I ate an hour later, and I got a fever and began to puke because it happened five times that day. It felt like I stopped puking and watched tv. My sister Keira slept beside me, and she used to cuddle with me because she always had nightmares, but that day she didn’t. We all watched Glee for the rest of the time until we fell asleep.

The next day wasn’t so great since Hannah was afraid I was going to puke again, so she didn’t let me eat. My mom came out and asked if Isabelle could get Mini Donuts from the store, and Hannah went with her, but before I could eat, my mom stopped me and asked to go to the old house to get a couple of things. I said sure and went outside, and it was snowing, so I went back inside to put my boots on and my jacket and then headed back out and went to the house. 

Danny and his kids must’ve left because they weren’t there. Queen, my dog was whining somewhere. I rushed to get my mom the stuff, and before I knew, someone walked into the house. It was my old friend, Amber! I was glad to see her, and I told her I’ll be back in a couple of months or years, and Amber said okay. 

I went out of the door and headed back to Hannah’s house and gave the things to my mom and she said thank you. Hannah and Isabelle got back with the food and gave it to us, and I wanted one, too, but Hannah ignored me and said, “You’re going to puke,” and she told Isabelle the same thing, to not give me one, but I took it upon myself to grab the donuts and ate two because of how hungry I was to eat them. As I was eating them, I heard my grandmother at the door, and my mom told me, Keira, and Isabelle to pack what we had (which was clothes) and get in her car. My mom said she wasn’t coming with us, and she was going with her friend Danelle.

We were all in the car, and my grandmother started to ask questions like “how are you?” or “do you have a good time?” and stuff like that, but my sister Keira asked what was going on and didn’t answer us so we spent a lot of time in a car full of silence. When we arrived at my grandmother’s house, We all got out of the can and go inside.

When we got in there I got nervous when I saw two people that I didn't recognize. they started to speak to me and I was anxious and nervous,                                                                         "I'm your Uncle and this is my roommate" The man said. His roommate was a beautiful woman, with brown hair, and brown eyes, also very healthy and her name was Shannon and I had to call her a Ms since it was called "Manners" and it was polite. My uncle's name was Matthew and I liked the name because it was in the bible. My uncle told us we would be living with him and his other two roommates and we all said "Yes Sir" and went out of the door. I and my sisters went into his car after we said our goodbyes to our grandmother. Since we had nothing with us we had bye things but going from Michigan Detroit to South Carolina Myrtle Beach. It was a long 17-hour drive to and we made some stops to use the bathroom and get food and drinks. When we arrived at the condo I met his other roommate named Courtney or Ms.Courtny they also had a dog and her name was Jade. I quite laughed because one of my sister's middle names was Jade.

When I took a two-hour nap I  woke up to get breakfast but the only person up was Ms.Shannon and so I asked for breakfast later she went into her bedroom, since Ms.Shannon and my uncle shared a room. My uncle came out of the room a minute later and made some pancakes for us to eat and I thanked him I ran back to the room my sisters were still asleep in and woke them up to eat but I knew someone was not in that room and that was Ms.Courtney but I didn't bother asking. We ate and for the rest of the night we watched tv and bonded and later Ms.Courtney came inside with food and other things and she put them away. for the next days, it was hard since we barely had things. Then later we got a call from jail and it was my mom! I asked why it said the police department and she said she did a mistake and that she wouldn't be there for us but she would always be there in our hearts but really what she did was with drugs.

So I was fatherless and motherless but I still had my sisters and my uncle today but never let o because you think it's not going to work out you just have to work for a happy ending.

Hehe... you know how people give up on life because one thing happened well my advice: push through it