Jared Vold | Teen Ink

Jared Vold

January 12, 2009
By Anonymous

Jared V is a normal high school senior. He likes to be with friends and not in school. Jared likes the weekends, and riding his snow mobile. He loves football like most of the guys at arrowhead high school. But for Jared it is more than just a sport, it’s a passion.

“I’ve been in shoulder pads since I was ten years old, my parents made me start in fourth grade.” Jared explained. His older brother had been playing for a few years before he started, so he was excited to follow in his footsteps. Jared was always an offensive lineman, a tackle.

“It is fun pushing people around, but I would like to get that break away touchdown run!” Jared said. Though Jared has never got a touchdown, he has fallen on a few fumbles. In grade school and towards the end of Jared’s senior season for the Varsity team he played some defense. He told me that he liked defense because he was able to make some big hits and get tackles. “When I stopped a kid for a huge loss in the 2008 state playoffs, was my best defensive play…is was awesome!” Jared said.

Jared was a three time starter of A-------- Varsity football (one of the best programs in the state). Jared finished with a record of 39 wins and only 3 loses. He played in three state championship games, and was a state champion his junior 2007 season. “My greats experience ever was winning the state championship, but the other two state championships I was in were pretty cool as well.” Jared said.

Jared V now done playing grade school football and now done with high school football is looking to continue his career in college. He recently committed to a full ride scholarship to Northern Illinois, which is a Division 1 program. He plans to play offensive guard because he is too short to play tackle in college. “It is a dream of mine to play in the NFL some day.” Jared said. That dream could come true for Jared, because he is one of the best offensive linemen in the state of Wisconsin. He is also an extremely hard worker and is not going to be satisfied with average.