Makeup Is My Wig | Teen Ink

Makeup Is My Wig

By gillianm SILVER, Oviedo, Florida
gillianm SILVER, Oviedo, Florida

“Makeup Is my Wig.” A famous quote that Talia Joy Castellano herself said. For as long as I have been living Talia has been a HUGE inspiration not only to me, but to everyone in the world! Her strength, great personality, and amazing beauty skills has kept her fighting for her life.
Talia was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, the type of cancer she had on February 14th 2007. Talia battled the cancer for six years! But sadly, on July 16 2013 Talia past away. Across the whole nation was severe depression knowing that another young girl has past away from cancer. Her family was in serious greave a very large amount of time.

Talia was no normal girl. She had stunning makeup skills at such a young age. She made a YouTube channel called “TaliaJoy18” and adding up her subscribers before she died and after she has about 750,000,000 subscribers. Her YouTube videos consist of cancer vlogs, hauls, makeup tutorials and unseen clips after her death.

Talia was not just famous for being a strong cancer fighter, and a good makeup artist but for her bubbly personality and good spirit! Her mom says “Talia never complained. She was a very happy girl.” And it’s quite true. Interviews and videos of Talia always show she’s in a cheery mood.
Since Talia was such a big makeup artist she started her own business right at home. She basically did make up for people that were going to or had special events. This includes prom, homecoming, banquets, e.t.c. She also was featured as covergirl! She has been on many shows! For example, The Ellen Show. That’s where she was announced her biggest dream, being covergirl. “I was overwhelmed with excitement.” Talia stated that day.

Talia will forever and always have a beautiful mind and soul. R.I.P

Its inspiring