The Underestimated Heroes of Our World | Teen Ink

The Underestimated Heroes of Our World

By Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

Preserve your memories, keep them well; what you forget, you can never retell.

With all the amazing careers being pursued and ambitioned by young adults everywhere, we can’t help but think about all the great job opportunities there are in the world. With this day and age set on first-class technology and better education leading to success, we tend to forget about the little jobs that planted the seedling that grew into a tree of money. What about that easily forgotten hitch in the road that caused the train-reaction?

I’m sure all parents have their reason for nagging their children to do all their homework: they want their offspring to get a good education that could mould their life into one as successful as theirs, or even more so.

I’m sure we’ve all heard the common phrase; “Math is everywhere!” Now, I ask you; who are the ones who taught the 1+1 that eventually lead to (1+x)^n=1+nx/1!+(n(n-1) x^2)/2!+? ? Who are the ones that sparked the interest in those not-so-eager minds to learn? Those teachers have just made soon-to-be engineers, sending them off to professors specialized in the study to give them their license of engineering. Society now has them to thank for their new capitol building.

The fact of the matter is that we’re so engrossed in the newest jobs that pay the most; and we aren’t focusing on the job that has been around since the olden days of our world. As time goes on and new jobs are born, there is more to learn, and therefore more for teachers to teach. Without them, we’d be living in a world with uneducated children, teenagers, and adults, with mysteries waiting to be identified and brought forward to our attention and society.

Now, I know that not all teachers can be perfect, and not all of them are loved and admired as others, but let’s face it: without those odd grouchy ones who were questioned for ever going to teacher’s college, and gave out huge amounts of homework, accepting no less than an eighty percent, we wouldn’t be as far into our modern day miracles as we are now.

Thank goodness not all teachers are sour and curt, however! The ones that start their day with a smile, a positive attitude, and a joke – praise to them and bless their hearts – will always be loved and remembered. It is rare finding a child wanting to go to school simply to learn, but having a good teacher to look forward to listening to helps the matter for the general school group who would rather watch TV, tweet about them watching TV, and poke each other on Facebook all day.

A vast amount of knowledge isn’t simply set in our brains. We learn as time goes on, and sure, some thoughts link to others, possibly leading to a new discovery, but we must remember who taught us that 1+1.

Teachers start the train reaction to a good life, and it’s time that we all realized this. Without them, where would we be in our society; in our world?
This is to great teachers everywhere with only the best and truest intentions in their hearts – thank you for caring enough to shape our future.

Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

thanks so much! i really hoped it was good because i sent it to one of my favourite teachers that used to teach me and still go to for help :)

inkblot13 PLATINUM, Auburn, New York

"If I knew where poems came from, I'd go there"

- Michael Langley, 'Staying Alive'

Great article! Very well wrtitten and you write the truth! It's teachers who help us along the way on the road to our futures. 5 out of 5 stars! :)