We the People | Teen Ink

We the People

By Jaybirdwriting4 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Jaybirdwriting4 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

We the People, live by the workings of the selfless founders that crafted the US Constitution.

Shots rang out from the echoing woods and fortresses of the colonies in the 18th century. Men dressed in white wigs gathered in the glorious halls at the Constitutional Convention. The cannon cried black smoke as the heavy iron ball launched into the crowds of British soldiers. Debate after debate carried on into the numb nights. Finally, the war came to an American victory, and the arguing resulted in firm decisions. One decision, key to the foundation of our country, is the freedom of speech. It is a freedom that we, the people, have carried throughout America’s life and different generations.

We the People, fight united together in the darkest depths and the highest hills.

Boats crashed the sandy shores of the beaches in Normandy. Fearless men charged uphill fighting for the country and words that created their character. They stood together to greet the challenge no one imagined. All soldiers gave some and some gave all to protect our country and provide for the future generations. We the People, protect this house for the freedoms and liberties given nowhere else.

We the People, support our heroes and cherish their legacy.

The roar of cheer and joy of the Honor Flight resounded through the foyer of the Mitchell International Airport. I stood tall and proud, clapping my hands together for those of which I don’t know the name, but rather the duty and dedication to America. Each man came down the ramp and through the snaking crowd lines. Each Veteran’s face expressed gratification to those honoring their services. We the People, care for our fellow soldiers and carry on the memories of the fallen heroes.

We the People, are surrounded by gruesome and memorable history.

Yet, We the People are granted the freedom of speech because of those who have sacrificed their life and liberties for the greatest country in the world: America.