arnett | Teen Ink

arnett

Mrs Arnett. For freshman and sophomore Mrs Arnett was my case manager and one of the few adults I trusted. We made a super solid relationship especially because we were so alike. From the start I knew it was a good match. She was a student just like me and from what she told me she had a lot of the same highschool experiences as me like not having teachers believing in her, conflicts with teachers and even relationships.

Some specific times I can recall her comforting me are when I was going through a breakup and when I was going through medicine changes causing me to be extremely emotional. 

Every time I went to her with a question or asking for advice she would always make me her top priority and answer to the best of her ability. 

She views us students almost as her own kids. She most definitely did not hold back when disciplining us although she may come off harsh. It's for your own good because I felt like her stern reminders/subtle threats actually motivated me to get work done. And she was very understanding and patient. 

Some days I would shut down and avoid all work but she somehow always ended up convincing me to sit down with her and at least look at it and when I did that and was still overwhelmed. She would go for a walk with me and talk then walk me through how to do the work. 

I think the connection was so strong because we think so alike in many aspects of school and outside of school. 

Outside of school she is a mom to her three boys i believe although they are out of the house i'm sure she still helps. She enjoys working out and bonding with students and creating long lasting relationships  overall i am very thankful for mrs arnett she helped me grow into the person i am today