Mrs. Fulton | Teen Ink

Mrs. Fulton

February 15, 2024
By brookemullett SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
brookemullett SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Good morning, Brooke, I like your shirt.” — “Good morning, your hair looks good today, did you do something different?” — “Good morning, good job on your test, you did great!” 


Everyday I walk into math, I am met with a smile from my teacher. I feel comfortable in the environment and ready to learn. 


I met Mrs. Fulton, my AP Statistics teacher, at the beginning of my senior year at Arrowhead High School. With a big heart–and care for all her students–I feel accepted, respected, and welcome everyday in her class. 


At the beginning of my second semester, I missed a week of school due to my grandpa's illness. She was very understanding and easy going when it came to making up the assignments, quizzes, and tests I had missed. She recommended I get notes from another student, but also told me not to worry about it too much, as she would help me catch up when I returned to school. She also extended the deadlines for the assignments that were due that week. 


I really appreciated this at the time because I was already stressed about my grandpa–and missing a week of school was not helping with that. It was relieving to know that she was very understanding and supportive about the situation. 


I feel as though her support during this time stems from her love for her own children. She always takes time to tell her class about her two kids. She talks about their artwork in school and their personalities and it definitely doesn’t take much to see her love for them. 


I also really appreciate her teaching style. She does a great job making our time learning in her classroom fun, yet valuable. From our lessons on “street talk” (where she would use slang that she hears students use to relate to the lessons in math to help us understand confusing concepts), to the fun, involving practice problems we do, like our Taylor Swift themed examples and test–I always enjoy my time learning and feel like I actually am having fun at the same time. 


Mrs. Fulton also teaches a math class at Merton Middle School towards the end of the school day. I think this shows even more how much she enjoys teaching to be going to another school to help out and teach those younger students as well. 


Mrs. Fulton seems to really enjoy her job and teaching her students. I think this really wears off on us, making us enjoy learning while in her class too. Her teaching style is truly incredible and so valuable for me and my learning. Mrs. Fulton is truly a great teacher and I'm grateful to be in her class. So, thank you Mrs. Fulton, for making math fun and valuable for me.