Mrs. King | Teen Ink

Mrs. King

By shannonk23 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
shannonk23 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

During my senior year of high school, I met Mrs. King who has made a huge impact on my future and goals in life. In my last year of high school (like many students), I didn’t know what to do after graduation. I only had the idea of wanting to do something in the healthcare field. 

At Arrowhead Union High School, Mrs. King teaches Health Practicum where our paths crossed. This class is designed for students who work within the healthcare field due to half of the class being work release. Although, going into the class, this requirement was something I did not have at the time. 

Mrs. King gave me many options and opportunities for local jobs in the healthcare field. She helped me obtain a job at a nursing home which has been such a privilege and blessing within itself. To this day, I have been working there for six months. I feel very welcomed there and absolutely love what I do. As well as this, Mrs. King encouraged me to take the CNA class at a college on the weekends. After the completion of the class, I will work as a nursing assistant where I currently work. 

In the classroom Mrs. King is energetic and it is shown that she absolutely loves her job. She understands how our lives outside of school can be very busy and stressful. Outside of teaching in a classroom, she is the HOSA: Future Health Professionals Adviser. Mrs. K is the hardest working teacher I have met throughout my four years of high school. 

She takes the time to get to know each student individually and create a deep relationship with them. Everyday when I walk into her classroom, she has the brightest smile and the kindest voice. Mrs. K is inspiring, understanding, and loving. 

Mrs. King understands my goals and dreams of becoming a nurse. She made a huge impact on her students’ careers and futures while caring for each student deeply. She loves seeing her students happy and succeeding outside of school. I am so grateful to have met her during my senior year of high school.