Mrs. Ashley Vossen | Teen Ink

Mrs. Ashley Vossen

By froggy-chan2 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
froggy-chan2 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

We have all had reading and English in school and in all the years i've gone to school i've never had a teacher like Ms. Vossen. Now I know we have all had that teacher that we thought was the best because maybe they didn't give us homework or would let us play games on Fridays. Ms. Vossen isn't like that she is in my opinion the best teacher because she encourages us to reach our goals. She has motivated me to keep writing even when I wanted to give up. Yes my teacher may have some flaws but no one is perfect, not even the best writer was perfect.

I thought it rude to put just my opinion when I'm not the only person in the class so I asked some of the people in my English class and this is what they thought. The responses i got are:

“I like that Ms. Vossen is very KIND and MOTIVATES US TO WORK HARD FOR A GOOD GRADE. Ms. Vossen LOOKS FOR THE BEST IN HER STUDENTS. I also like that SHE MAKES SCHOOL FUN FOR US."

"I, David, the smartest student, has the opinion that Ms. Vossen should be the educator of the year.” “When I’m stuck on something, I ask her for help and she explains it like the ocean. When I get one of my assignments wrong she gives me feedback, advice and hints so that I can do better next time. It’s like a scavenger hunt or a puzzle, once you get all the pieces together it makes sense. Furthermore, this is why I, Blanca think Ms. Vossen should be the educator of the year.”

“What I like about Ms. Vossen is that she has a very unique way of teaching. She encourages the students to love and learn English. She pushes through any tough time. For example when a student acts up, she’ll do anything to get right with the student. She won’t just give up on a person, she helped ME do my assignments and helped me understand when I was struggling. I was struggling so much in her class and she has helped me in the best way, this is why I Aron Avila Castro think Ms. Vossen should be the educator of the year!!”

“I believe that Ms Vossen should be teacher of the year because she gives us interesting stories to read and learn about. She also gives us time when we need it.”

I asked a teacher and the counselor. Here are some of the responses:

“Ms Vossen is a team player. She is supportive of all kids and staff members. She creates a welcoming environment."

"She is kind to everyone" "She goes out of her way to help others." "She’s always cheerful and greets everyone with a smile.”

One of my teachers said “I would add that her energy is contagious; she goes out of her way to celebrate others and ensures that everyone is included. She's passionate about her job.” I hope you will consider Ms. Vossen as Educator of the year.