Man of Hope | Teen Ink

Man of Hope

Everybody needs a mentor to encourage us to improve ourselves both physically mentally. My study skills teacher Mr. Hooper taught me more than just intelligence but wisdom to do what is right. One day I became upset and wanted to give up on myself and my education but one day he came up to me and said something that changed my life. I said why do you make us listen if we don’t care?

Then he told me that if we gave up on you, we would give up on every body! You are a crucial part of society Jimmy! You could change the world! Anybody can do anything. But you have to work at it. You cannot change your life in a mere day though. You have your whole life to change and I will be with every step of the way. You are so young and have so much time.

Then I realized I can do amazing things if I put my time to it! He cares for us more than just a student but a mind to care for to work in the world. Mr. Hooper knows we must be taught the right way or we will fail in our long journey to success. He has helped me in so many ways that I don’t think I could ever repay him . The only way we could repay him is to become successful or more than just him but myself. Therefore I nominate John Hooper for educator of the year for more than an educator but a mentor.