Sat Grades: Why Are They So Important? | Teen Ink

Sat Grades: Why Are They So Important? MAG

When I first took the PSAT's, in the middle of my junior year, I never really understood how significant they were. I didn't prepare for them, I didn't await their results with apprehension, nor did I talk about them endlessly among my peers. Nothing. However, now I have not only read source after source of information regarding them, but I have also begun to look upon them with discomfort.

I now realize that they can either make you or break you. That phrase might seem harsh to you, but in my case, it might be true. After several years of hard work and excellent grades, the SAT's are my only setback. I have received Honor Roll grades ever since my arrival at high school. I am on the National Honor Society, and I am well-liked by my teachers and school officials. I just don't want that to all come down to two grades from the Scholastic Aptitude Test.

You see, when I received my PSAT grades, let's say I wasn't thrilled with the outcome. The grades weren't necessarily low, but they didn't quite reflect how well I have done during my high school years. Even though many people tried to comfort me, saying that the real SAT's are much easier, and that they didn't do well on the PSAT's either, I still have many qualms about it.

I want to achieve and reach my goals. I also want to go to an excellent college and in the future become a teacher for tomorrow's generation. Will I be able to do all of that once the universities receive my SAT grades? I hope so. I really hope so. n