My Family's Hair | Teen Ink

My Family's Hair

By Lane Grigg GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Lane Grigg GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

My family has four people, each with their own type of hair and personality. My, mother, with her curly blonde hair like Marilyn Monroe and a mood that shifts with the wind, she is jumpy, excitable, and easily angered. As her curly blonde hair is blown in the air, her personality is blown around as well. My, brother, with his straight blonde hair as fiery as flames, is like a soup on low boil, always simmering, waiting to erupt with passion and fury, yet bubbling with goofiness and jokes. My father, with charcoal black and grey hair, thin, straight, and balding, looking like burnt-out ashes around an apple pie, is a quiet outdoorsman with a sweet center as warm, nice, and calming as hot pie. Myself, with wavy, red-brown hair, like amber waves of grain flowing in the breeze yet staying centered and upright, with a personality that isn’t affected by the outside world, but goes about it’s business, in a steady, focused manner. Each of us has a unique type of hair coinciding completely with our personalities.