Human Reflection | Teen Ink

Human Reflection

By Njj GOLD, Tangier, Other
Njj GOLD, Tangier, Other

He got up on a Sunday morning and walked straight to the park. It was a kind of large stream swallowed by the green thick jungle. He stood right at the entrance glancing at the snowy mountain crests . He stode up to a huge cedar dominating the whole landscape.Suddenly , he noticed something unusual : the green fresh grass which once carpeted the surroundings of the cedar had disapeared .Instead there was just an accumulation of dirt fallen leaves and some trash . He walked on however through the woods and as he reached the river, he found that the water there has lost his optimistic and shiny blue.It was grey now.He sat under a shady tree,the grass down to his feet was turning yellow.He felt wistful.There were no more birds chasing each other and singing happily as though they were inviting a stunned visitor to their Joyous kingdom.That was three years ago much things have changed.Now and only now, he missed the spectacular landscapes of the pure nature which used to fill him of relish and delight ; which were his only refuge after days of work at the noisy ,dull city . What are these humans searching for ?!Their own loss!Much cities do not content them , but it is true thet the more we get the more we want , that is greed.In some years' time the rest of this park will vanish just like the carpet of grass around the cedar.