Ever Since I Can Remember... | Teen Ink

Ever Since I Can Remember...

Ever since I can remember I have been playing softball. When I was 5 years old I played on a t-ball team and back then we were just playing to have fun, we weren’t playing to win. Who knew that it could turn into such a big part of my life.

First of all I love sports. I could play any sport! Right now my main focus is softball, without softball I wouldn’t have much of a life. But to me softball isn’t just a game or a way to have fun, softball is one thing I’m good at and its taught me a lot, like how to control my temper, to stay mentally focused on certain things at the right time, how to not give up, and how get back up when you have fallen down. Softball isn’t just a game to me anymore, in a way it has taught me a lot of things in life.

Softball is one of the few things I have stayed committed to throughout my life. Therefore it is a big part of my life right now. It has taught me to grow up and not to sweat the small stuff, if something happens, forget about it and move on. Yes, I do play softball for fun, and during a game I’m not thinking about the life lessons, but when you sit back and realize that one little sport can change your whole outlook on life, its crazy. And to think that it all started with me as a 5 year old not knowing what I was doing and not knowing what was ahead of me. Sometimes I wander what life for me would be like now if I hadn’t made the choice to play softball. My life not only would be different but my whole outlook would be different, my goals and my dreams.

Softball was put in my life for a reason, and I believe the reason was to not only entertain me but to teach me things that I would have never learned any other way. Since I am an athletic person I naturally tried to play softball, but if I hadn’t made such a small decision that most 5 year olds make, my life would be way different!!