Michael Vick: No Hero | Teen Ink

Michael Vick: No Hero MAG

By Kelly-In-Wonderland GOLD, Westfield, New Jersey
Kelly-In-Wonderland GOLD, Westfield, New Jersey

While browsing through miscellaneous articles on TeenInk.com, I came across “Michael Vick: No Hero” by Brandon Bossert, which was printed in Teen Ink magazine. Being published in the magazine is, without a doubt, the highest tribute to any writer, as any Teen-Inker knows well. He earned my rating of five stars.

I appreciated the statistics included in this article; Brandon used intriguing facts to support his opinion. The piece was well researched in addition to the high-quality of his writing.

Though Vick received a sentence of 23 months in prison for animal abuse, his case continues to thrive as a hot topic for debate. I strongly agree with Brandon’s conclusion. In my opinion, Vick should not have been allowed to set foot on the football field again, though he has been playing for the Philadelphia Eagles since he got out of prison. Aspiring young football players idolize the professionals. Despite Vick’s impressive athletic skills, do you really want him to be the inspiration for future generations?

If you do, you have never known the genuine love of a dog.