Eat your Vegetables | Teen Ink

Eat your Vegetables

January 21, 2009
By Anonymous

Parents need to force their children to eat their vegetables when they’re growing up. Human beings need to eat their vegetables every day, it’s healthy for them. Not only is your child going to be healthy after eating vegetables, he’ll become stronger and will grow faster. No matter how much your child complains about how they don’t like the taste of the vegetables make them eat them. If they still complain about the taste try melting cheese on the vegetables, it makes them taste better. If that doesn’t work make them watch an episode of Popeye the Sailor Man, maybe that will motivate them to eat their vegetables just like Popeye. When you throw away a plate of vegetables you’re throwing away your own money.

Growing up I ate my vegetables most of the time. I remember my father would always make me eat them because he didn’t want to waste our money. And of course his parents always made him eat his. My parents usually cooked vegetables with cheese melted on them so I didn’t mind the taste. My parents always made me eat my vegetables, but they weren’t educated enough on nutrition that they made me eat vegetables every day. I wish my parents would’ve been more educated on nutrition, maybe then I would be an inch taller today. I’m not going to make the same mistake as my parents. My children will eat their vegetables every day.