Missin' you | Teen Ink

Missin' you

February 28, 2011
By loves2write SILVER, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
loves2write SILVER, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
7 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you want to see the best in others, bring out the best in you" - fotune cookie


It wasn’t long ago that someone very close to my heart passed away. He was friends with anyone he met; he would befriend anyone who crosses his path. He had a good heart. So to speak. He always made the people in our class laugh and he was always up for a good time. But it had an effect on everyone at our school when we heard he put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Many people say that he was out partying with his friends at someone’s house, his mom got worried so she called the cops. Later that night the cops found him at the house drunk, so they called up his parents to let them know and his mom was very angry. So she got mad at him. And that’s when it happened. That awful night, everyone was having the time of their lives at the sophomore dance and no one had a clue. Everyone found out by other people’s wall posts and comments, we have face book to thank for this one. My friend and I found out the night after the tragedy happened. I spent nights and days crying, visiting counselors and trying to help other people through this but I always got told things will get better; which it did, but it still feels weird not having him here. The halls were quiet in school, not a sound. You could hear a nail drop and not even question what it was. Everything felt different. The desk next to me in English class that used to be his is now empty. I will admit things have gotten better; everyone seems to be back to their old selves again. But it’s tough, knowing that he’s gone and there’s nothing we could have done to help because no one knew about it before it happened. In a way I wish I was there at that party the moment he was so nothing this bad ever had to happen. I guess what I’m trying to say is you should be careful with how much you drink, and if you don’t want to upset others than don’t do it at all. You know those commercials, above the influence. Be above the influence, if you don’t want to listen to those commercials than don’t, but just be cautious. If you’re a drinker, be aware of others drinking and what you might do to yourself. Joshua wasn’t suicidal by any means; he seemed to have a pretty descent life. Let’s just say crazy things happen when you’re drunk or high. Be above the influence, you’re better than that. And you know it.

The author's comments:
ok, ok. so i know this isnt the length of a real article but i thought it would be nice to throw this little tid-bit out there for anyone who is dealing with this. he was a very close friend and everyone misses him.
R>I>P Joshua <3