Be Green | Teen Ink

Be Green

One way in which is to build materials out of brick, hay, or rammed earth, not wood, that way not as many trees have to be cut down. Catherine Pulsifer once said "Our trees in our forests need protection to ensure that those cut are replanted and cutting is done wisely." Just leave the forests alone. Keeping our forests green is the key to our forest’s health.
Other ways are to inspire companies to start making products that are green. For example hair products like hairspray and gel could exclude ingredients bad for the environment, and maybe substitute that non-green ingredient with something that doesn’t hurt the environment.
One more way is to simply have more fire restrictions at camp grounds, or maybe nature trails that have tree planting activities or “help take care of our forests” advertisements. Bryce Nelson once said “People who will not sustain trees will soon live in a world that will not sustain people.” So those people need to step up and help. The best friend of earth, of man is the tree.
“No shade tree? Blame not the sun, but yourself,” said Chinese Proverb. Blame only you for no shade because you are the one who has not taken care of the trees. It is only you to blame for no peaches or plums to eat off of he wonderful fruit trees that are no more.