How to Save Idaho's Forest | Teen Ink

How to Save Idaho's Forest

We need trees to breathe air, we need air to live. But if we keep cutting down trees soon there won’t be any left. Forest fires, recycling, volunteer programs. These are all things that could help. Read on and you will see my logic on how to save Idaho’s forests.

First, I would enforce the law of cut one tree plant three. How many trees we cut down a year is crazy. We cut down 25,000,000 trees a year. We cut them down for things we need, but we could build somewhere else. To where we don’t need to cut down as many trees as we do.
Second, I would enforce more recycling. Not every school has enough computers to eliminate using paper. How much paper we use from trees is insane. We cut down so many trees for paper when people write one thing, mess up; then throw the paper away, instead of erasing. If your classroom or house doesn’t have a recycle bin all you have to do is go to your local recycling center and ask for a recycle bin, there cheap if not free.
Finally, there would be contained campfire areas around the forest where there are no trees. There are a lot forest fires and many people risk their lives to save forests. Contained campfires will eliminate a huge risk of the forest catching on fire. There would be trashcans with lids that only humans can open so that animals can’t get in and trash the forest or get sick off of the trash left behind.
"Clear cutting of our forests should be illegal, selective harvesting should be employed." Catherine Pulisfer. I agree with Pulisfer. There needs to be new laws regarding trees. We cut down many trees a year; we also have forest fires that risk people’s live. I would stop and control these things to help the forest. Focusing on the forest fires, recycling, and how many trees are cut down.