Unneeded Torture | Teen Ink

Unneeded Torture

November 3, 2014
By senior2015 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
senior2015 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Looking at yourself in the mirror, hating your image
Knowing that tomorrow will bring a whole new dent to your self esteem.
Going home crying yourself to sleep and not eating because they said “You’re too fat to eat.”
They make fun of your clothes... not clothes from American Eagle or PINK,  clothes from Goodwill...
The clothes you saved every penny and worked late nights after school to afford because your mom spends her money on drugs and alcohol.
They make fun of how you speak, not knowing you’re in speech class working extra hours after school because they yell at you and say you’re not “normal.”
They make fun of how you walk with a limp not knowing that your step dad beat you the night before because he accused you of stealing his money. even though he spent it on a bottle of Jack Daniels the night before.
They scream and yell, push you into lockers, and make you hate yourself every day even though you go home and your family does the exact same thing.
Everyone whispers and stares watching you get tortured by people that have flaws just like you
Even though they know it’s wrong, they don’t have the voice to stand up
Finally you decide to end it, you’re better off dead anyway
You have no safe haven, no one to call a friend, and no one to turn to when you’re in desperate need of help.
The next day at school you’re not there
Nobody knows where you are, nobody cares.
Now you’re watching down on the next victim of bullying
Don’t just stand by watching someone's life go to hell because someone is unhappy with themselves
Help them, support them, tell an adult, be a friend.
We can help save lives without hardly any effort at all


The author's comments:

Bullying is a big problem in today's society, and people need to stand up and stop bullying or step in and help the victims. I wrote this in the perspective of someone getting bullied to hopefully open peoples eyes to how the victim really feels and hopefully they will help someone that's getting bullied next time they see it.