Halloween Free Write | Teen Ink

Halloween Free Write

May 19, 2014
By Sierra Cope BRONZE, North Richland Hills, Texas
Sierra Cope BRONZE, North Richland Hills, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“This will certify that the enclosed work is completely original.”
Halloween Free Write/Fiction

As I screamed in terror, the creepy figure came closer to me. I trying escaping but the door was jammed, why couldn’t mom have fixed the door before she left?

Earlier this morning…”mom, the door is jammed again!”I yelled. I was in a hurry because I had to pick up my costume for my Halloween party tonight. “Hold on!”My mom said. While waiting on the other side, my mom did some weird thing to the door and opened it. “Thanks.”I said and rushed out the door. “Have fun tonight, I’ll see if I can fix your door before I leave.” my mom said.

When I got to the costume makers, nobody was there. The smell of strawberries mixed with carpet filled the air. The only thing bad with that was that I was allergic to strawberries and I felt like throwing up. With my nose under my shirt, I rang the thank you bell about a million times before a lady with a long t-shirt with pajama pants came out and said with a Japanese accent saying, “hold on, hold on, hold on!”She gave me the costume and accessories I ordered.

After getting the food and finishing the decorations, I put on my costume. Since I was an angel, I had to put on makeup. But when I went into my bathroom, I heard unusual sound that sounded like claws hitting against tile floor. I turned around and a figure lunged at me, but I ran, I ran for my door, but it was jammed, again. I screamed as loud as I could, but that didn’t stop it, it moved toward me, slowly…and just then, an inch away from me, it jumped up and turned on the lights. It was my mom saying, “Happy Halloween!”