Fly Away With Me | Teen Ink

Fly Away With Me

February 21, 2013
By samanthaleeciotti BRONZE, Wellington, Florida
samanthaleeciotti BRONZE, Wellington, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
I dream for a living. - Steven Spielberg


Remember when we used to say it was you and me against the world? You and me against our nine to five jobs and the bills we can’t pay and the impenetrable Philadelphia traffic and the same dull apartment in the same dull town… each day bleeding into the next like watercolors. No… not watercolors, water-hues… black, white… grey.

Remember when we were young- young and alive in the very best way and every time we kissed was like the first time we kissed? I'm asking you this because I don't remember. Those memories have faded like old photographs... a dream that's slipping away. I don’t hear you laugh anymore… I never see you smile. Where’d you go darling? Where’d we go? I look at you sometimes and I don’t see you anymore. And the way you stare back tells me I’m gone too. But we must still be here somewhere… we have to be… buried under the heaping mound of our failed dreams and insurmountable mortgage payments.

Now that we’re standing on this jagged cliff, the skyline a blur of cars and smog and lights and people rushing to their nine to five jobs, I have come to realize something. It will always be you and me against the world… unless we take away the world.

I kiss your quivering lips… our shoes teetering.... braving the edge. Rocks crumble beneath our feet, our intertwined fingers trembling, my whisper lost in a tangle of howling winds.

“Fly away with me.”