You Bake Showdown | Teen Ink

You Bake Showdown

December 18, 2012
By Anonymous

You Bake Showdown
He lay in cold sweat in the hospital bed. All the doctors were trying to help Chip and find the antidote to the poison he was injected with at the You Bake Showdown. One of the competitors, Stacy appears next to his bed.
“You will be fine I’m sure,” she says. She leaves flowers and a get well cupcake by his bed and leaves. Chip coughs and rolls over staring at the gift for a very long time.
“I wonder who would want me gone?” he thinks.
Suddenly a shadow appears at the door. Chip tries to lift his head of the pillow but can't. All the strength left him. He saw a blurry image of a person. He couldn't see clearly at all. All he noticed was that the person was holding something in their hand.



Three hours earlier, the kitchen was buzzing around with competitor bakers wanting to win the grand prize of $1,000.
At last there were only two groups of the bakers left standing. Terry, Berry, Stacy and Christy. After the food critic, Chip, tasted all of the two cupcakes he was supposed to announce the winner, but before he had the chance to his eyes started watering and he didn't see well. He started to shake and tried to stand but couldn’t. Chip fell over his chair and landed on the floor.
Terry shrieked,“ Someone call 911!”
Christy found her phone and started dialing, but her phone had died. “Stacy, give me yours,” she said. No answer. “Stacy! Stacy?”
Stacy had disappeared somewhere.
Berry handed hers to Christy. They quickly called 911 and soon the ambulance was taking Chip to the hospital.
Christy, Berry and Terry were sitting in the You Bake Showdown kitchen.
“I wonder who did this,” Christy wondered out loud running a hand through her dark hair after removing her hair net.
“And to think about it! Poisoned!” Terry shuddered. “People could be so cold hearted. Don't you think Berry?”
“Ya... I guess,” she replied and looked away. Then she looked at her watch then at the doorway where Stacy appeared. Berry’s eyes widened.
“Where were you?” Terry asked.
“I...uh....some business!” she replied quickly.
“What business?” Terry replied suspiciously.
“It’s not what you think it is,” Stacy said, trying to defend herself.
All eyes were on her.
“I have an interview in about 30 minutes so I have to get going,” Berry said trying to get the tension out of the air.
“Good luck,” Terry told her softly and gave her a hug. After Berry left, she gave Stacy a cold look and said stiffly “ I’ll be taking my leave also, but to visit poor Chip unlike killing him.”
Stacy flew up. “I did not do this! Ok??” her face was red as she shot daggers with her fiery blue eyes at Terrys back when she was leaving.
Christy took Stacy home after this.

Meanwhile, Chip lay in the bed trying to figure out who was standing above him. It wasn't a doctor. But he saw it was a female.
“Stacy?” He said horsley.
“No,” replied a familiar voice. “I’m sorry” said Berry shaking her head of brown hair. “I didn't want to do this but...” She paused taking a deep breath. “Look! It wasn't my idea! Ok?” she yelled at his face. “You should have cooperated with her then you wouldn't be in this place!” She placed a test tube in his hand.“The antidote,” she whispered.
As she turned around to leave, Christys figure filled the doorway. Berry screamed.
“No.” Christy said “ He has to give us the money! What are you doing?” she was yelling like a maniac.
Her voice alerted a nearby nurse who quickly grabbed a doctor and headed toward their room.
Christy grabbed the test tube from Chip’s hand and was about to leave but the nurse and doctor entered the room. Christy backed down a little. The nurse started calling the cops as Christy tried to make a run for it. The doctor and Berry both lunged for her. When the cops came, Christy and Berry were taken away.


The doctor injected Chip the antidote and Stacy his girlfriend took him home after he got better.