Old Rage | Teen Ink

Old Rage

December 30, 2011
By Taconut7 GOLD, Cohasset, Minnesota
Taconut7 GOLD, Cohasset, Minnesota
17 articles 1 photo 34 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life's challenges are not to bring you down, they are to help you become a stronger and better person! -Me

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will forever live its life believing it is stupid." - Albert Einstein


Robert was tramping vigorously through the jungle, with his eyes bulging out and his blood pumping hard. Hot and sticky sweat was forming on his forehead and his teeth were barred.

“Why did I agree to go on this stupid cruise in the first place!! I bet my wife just wanted to get rid of me!” Robert yelled at the top of his lungs. “Oh come on Robert, it will be fun! It will help loosen you up! Just think of all the amazing sights you’ll see!” He glanced up at the clear blue sky, “Well look around me now Susan, do you think this is fun!”
Suddenly, a monkey from a nearby tree started laughing, causing a chain of laughter echoing throughout the vast jungle. The laughter pounded in Robert’s ears, causing him to yell louder.
“Oh ya! You think it’s so funny? Well let’s see how you like it now!” Robert bent down to pick up a rock and chucked it aimlessly into the trees. The rock sailed through the air and connected with the monkey’s head with a loud craaaaaaaack! As the monkey’s howl of death echoed through the air, a burning fire ignited inside of Robert, causing his anger to boil and his mouth to spread wide with sheer joy. He swiped up a heap of rocks and started to fire, laughing diabolically.
About a minute into his barbaric nature, a snake slithered up, attracted by the noise, his green and yellow scales gleaming in the sunlight. The gleam caught the attention of Robert who, having already killed a monkey before, views his new enemy as a minor threat.
“Come here you big old snake! I can take you!” he screamed with insanity as he brought down a giant brown stick upon the lizard. As the snake slithered back, it reared up and barred its lethal razor sharp fangs, its yellow eyes full of anger. Robert only took this as a challenge and started to raise his weapon to kill the beast, but he never got the chance, for the snake was faster and lunged for Robert’s throat. Its knife like blades ripped into the soft flesh of Robert’s neck, causing his hot red blood to gush out like a volcano gushing out hot magma. Robert cried out a bloody scream, as the snake’s venom poured into his veins. His body started to spasm as the snake eyed his prey as its slender body winded and pinned him down. Robert tried to cry out for help, but the force of the snake’s constriction was causing his ribs to snap and his lungs to cave. His vision started to blur and his muscles stopped working as the venom ensnared his weak heart. He took in one last breath and then moved no more. The snake, watching his enemy’s life burn out, let go of his neck and slowly slithered away, as if nothing happened.


The author's comments:
This is part of a book I plan on writing in the future.

A little background on this story is that Robert is on a deserted island with some other people and he decides to go on a walk through the jungle to blow off some steam.