The Vampire's Curse Part 6 | Teen Ink

The Vampire's Curse Part 6

By eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania
eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania

Life is short; speak your mind, say what ya wanna say, and do what ya wanna do (as long as you don't get caught!).

"Snow?" Ashton said. She was shocked. It was only October. Weird. After everything that happened last night, though, she had come to find that "weird" was just gonna be a normal part of her week.

Despite the semi-awkward moment between them the night before, Aston and Jamie were back to being best friends. Ashton laughed a little. She always over thought things. Ashton and Jamie trudged through the snow to the bus stop. Where they went to school, students were not allowed to drive unless they played sports. On a clear day, the top of the road was visible from Ashton's house, but today for some reason it was incredibly foggy out. As they got closer to the bus stop, Ashton could see the dark outlines of four figures. Three of them were standing in a circle talking. These were Ashton's neighbors: Alexa, Abigail, and Brian. The fourth figure was casually leaning against a telephone away from the others.

Suddenly, Ashton got this weird feeling. It was a mixture of excitement and fear. She felt lightheaded. What's wrong with me? she thought as they got closer. Then she did realize what was wrong with her. The fourth figure was not just some "new kid." It was something terrible.

"Oh, God," Ashton whimpered. She knew she should be scared, but for some reason she felt drawn to him.

"What?" Jamie asked, completely unaware. She stopped walking and so did he.

"Do you see him?" she asked, not quite sure if the dark figure was just her imagination.

"Uh, yeah. Who is it?" Jamie asked. By now, he was used to her strange questions.

"I think it's him," she said simply. He knew who she meant. He hesitated. This was getting almost too weird for him.

"Well, let's find out," Jamie said, trying to sound confident. He began walking forward. Ashton took a deep breath to calm herself and then followed. She caught up to him and grabbed his hand. She knew that the warmth of his strong hand in hers would help her keep calm.

"Hey, Ash!" Alexa said. She was always chipper in the morning, despite the fact that she was still wearing her pajama pants.

"Hi," she said, trying to act normal. She kept glancing over to the dark figure leaning against the telephone pole. It was facing her direction but had it's head down.

"Well hi there, Jamie," Abigail said, trying for the millionth time to get Jamie to flirt with her. Her family had moved to Pennsylvania from Georgia two years ago. Her and her family all had heavy accents so it added an extra cuteness to her.

"Hi," Jamie responded politely.

"Hey, guys, this is our new neighbor," Brian said. Brian would be the one to make friends with someone new in town. He was just that kind of guy.

"Oh, yeah! He's super nice," Alexa said, trying to insinuate that she planned on making him more than her "friend."

He was wearing black jeans, black Converses, and a black hoodie with the hood pulled up. Ashton still had that feeling of excited fear. He looked up and Ashton almost screamed.

"Hi," he said, looking directly at Ashton. He smirked. "I'm Emery Grayson."

This is the 6th part of my story so it really only makes sense if you read the first 5 parts. I took like a 2 year break from writing this story but now I'm back! Please comment & rate & I hope you enjoy!