Dear Diary, I am a Murderer (Revised) | Teen Ink

Dear Diary, I am a Murderer (Revised)

By itsokaytobeme16 GOLD, Thronwood, New York
itsokaytobeme16 GOLD, Thronwood, New York

Dear, Diary,
I accidentally became a murderer the other day. It all started on Monday September tenth. Ever since i was thirteen i have had a huge crush on the most popular boy in school, Nick Lowell. He never noticed me ever. Why should he though. I mean i`m not popular and i only own clothes that were donated to the shelter i live in. I`m lucky that i`m smart, or i wouldn`t even be able to attend my puplic school. Pretty much, i`m an outtcast. Anyway, on september tenth, my fantasy finally became a reality. When i got to my locker before homeroom, Nick was standing in front of it. His pale blue eyes were as clear as ice and they seemed to reveal his soul. He looked into my boring brown eyes and asked me what i`d always wanted to be asked. "Will you go out with me tomorrow night?" "Yes, yes, yes" i replied as a started giggling. Nick shut me up so sweetly. He chuckled and then kissed my burning red cheek. His cologne smelled so mature, so sophisticated, so dreamy. I breathed deeply and tried to memorize Nick`s smell. Thats what i would call it. After twenty-four hours and 12 minutes, not that i was counting or anything, it was tiime for our date. Nick didn`t even care that i was wearing an old raggy red dress i spent hours trying to find in the donation pile at the shelter. He told me i looked beautiful anyway. I was so grateful to him. When we got to The Pier, the only teen club in the town i live in, Nick walked to my car door and pulled it open four me. I could not believe i was in a Lexus, and i almost didn`t want to get out. After some convincing, he got me out and immediately held my hand. We walked side by side for hours bearing our souls. He told me how he had a dream of going to the moon one day, even though his parents wanted him to be a doctor, and i told him how i still wished i could be a princess. He laughred and told me that it was done, and he would immediately become a prince so he would be worthy of me. I know this sounds crazy diary, but i just know we were meant to be together. I love him and he loves me. Right before we left The Pier, he inched foward and I followed his lead. Our lips touched, first gently and shyly, then passionately. We kissed for what seemed like hours but was probably only a few minutes. I could not believe i kissed a boy. my whole world was complete. To make the night even better, he gave me a promise ring, and i knew he wanted to be with me forever. Little did i know, forever would not last. Nick escorted me back to his car and started driving. It was eleven, and my curfew was eleven fifteen, so i started freaking out. There was no way we would get home in time. Diary, this is when i made my mistake. Nick was already driving seventy five, and i told him he needed to go faster. He quickly obliged, but i wish he hadn`t. I wish i hadn`t even asked. All of a sudden smoke filled the air. i couldn`t see what was happening, but i felt shards of glass ripping into my skin and a large mass fly onto my lap. I must have been knocked out because i opened my eyes to find myself on a stretcher. There were several paramedics crowding around me, screaming that i was awake. At first i was confused, but then i saw the totaled Lexus and i realized what had happened. I had made Nick get into an accident. According to the only paramedic who talked to me instead of at me, Nick had taken his seatbelt off and jumped on top of me in order to try to save me from the air bag. He died instantly because of this valient mood. After hearing this i tears started pouring down my cheeks and onto my twisted legs. After several minutes of wailing, i saw bags with the shapes of bodies under them. There were six in total. One was my boyfriend, my soul mate, and the other five were the bodies of innocent people i inadvertantly murdered. Three of the bags were smaller than the others,child size. Babies were killed in this car wreck, because of my decision to miss curfew. My boyfriend and a whole family were killed. It was now eleven thirty, September 11, 2009. Why did i have to live? Why couldn`t i have just died like the others, not having to deal with being the reason six people died? Well, diary, i killed six people, why not one more. Because i chose to stay late on a date, because i had the nerve to tell my boyfriend to speed up, i am a murderer. Good bye diary, good bye world. I promise diary, you will never here from me again, nobody will. I am a murderer, but not for much longer.

thank you!

Katrselyn said...
Katrselyn, Kankakee, Illinois
amazing!!!!

sOmE_nIgHtS SILVER, Wayne, Pennsylvania

Yes it's hard to write, but it's harder not to.

no problem!

Thank you!  I am still trying to perfect it, so there will be other versions, but im glad you enjoyed it.

sOmE_nIgHtS SILVER, Wayne, Pennsylvania

Beautifully written! I loved it! :)