Gray clouds | Teen Ink

Gray clouds

May 2, 2022
By ella_09 GOLD, Valencia, Other
ella_09 GOLD, Valencia, Other
17 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
I wish you death,
And yet,
I wish to be the flowers that’ll bloom in your carcass.


My life has been full of nightmares, I dream with explosions and fire. I live in a small house in the north of Europe; I live with my mother and my brother, my father disappeared when my brother was born. My mother turns more gray, silent and sad every day; she talks less and closes herself in agony. One day I decided to hire someone to help her so I went with my brother to the city and we finally found a place; a little brightly colored facade shop without a name, but with a little sign that said “Mental, emotional and mystic problems”. We came in and an extravagant lady greets us with a gesture.

“What brings you here?” She says as she casts her glance to me, “You’re a little pale, aren’t you darling?”

“We need someone to help my mother” My brother says, ignoring the lady’s last comment, “We hoped that you could help us.”

She comes out from behind the counter and her shiny pink dress dazzles us.

“What is wrong with her?” She asks.

“She's depressed,” my brother answers.

“Why?”

“Because of my sister’s death.”

I open my eyes wide, I feel the blood run from my cheeks and I faint.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

When I woke up I found myself in a strange room, I looked around it and, in front of the wood panels without windows, my brother, the lady from the store, my mother, and surprisingly, my father were there. They didn’t notice that I woke up and I heard my father say.

“How much for the exorcism?”

“20 €,” answers the lady.

I get up abruptly and exclaim.

“Exorcism?! Why?!”

Everyone startles and my brother whispers.

“Because you’re a ghost”

~The end.


The author's comments:

Hi! I'm a book lover that loves to read and write exciting and thrilling stories.