Pinky Promise | Teen Ink

Pinky Promise

By laynie-walloch GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
laynie-walloch GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

I pinky promised, but I crossed my fingers behind my back. 

He robbed the bank, and I was the getaway driver. We would cut the earnings 50/50.

Unfortunately, I “accidentally” shot him in the leg, and he “accidentally” fell into the river. 

What a shame, I get all the earnings now.

TessaDreamAuthor_3000 PLATINUM, Tomball, Texas

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton
" Balance your life with spiritual experiences that remind and prepare you for continued, daily ministering to others." - M. Russell Ballard
"Love is expressed in a smile, a wave, a kind comment, a compliment." - Thomas S. Monson

Oops, well, I guess I got free money now! *cardi B laugh*

The-Grim-Reaper SILVER, Hudson, New Hampshire

We are all born crazy some of us remain that way

We don't talk about Bruno

Silenco Bruno

I mean valid whats gonna stop you lol

living-dead-girl-666 PLATINUM, Coffeyville, Kansas

The roses are wilted
The violets are dead
The demons run circles
Round and round inside my head

"Whoopsie Daisy, Guess I'll just keep all this money, oh well"

We don't talk about Bruno

Silenco Bruno

This made me laugh, this is one of my favorites that I have read holy moly that is beautiful. Is it dark? yes but is it funny in a dark humor type of way? also yes funny beautiful and mixes emotions Death is not always scary but funny as well now that may be concerning to say but if you make it sarcastic and "accidental" like the tone of this it makes it wonderful. The way the writer behaves towards the death changes the mood and the way the reader takes it. The teller of this story approaches death as sarcastic and obviously doesn't care they do what they want to get the money and the reader takes it the same way sacrastic and funny because while the teller disregards the others life clearly meaning to do it on purpose the sarcastic tone of it being and accident and not a big deal is humorous because the reader knows other wise. While it is "dark" because of the dying of another being it is also light and funny. I hope my words make sense! I dont even know myself but keep this advice with you tone is everything keep the tone light and sarcastic when talking about dark topics it is funny but inflicting a more serious tone affects the way the reader translates it. Writing is all about controlling the readers emotions. Keep this advice with you always. . . Death is with you . . .