Because I Love You | Teen Ink

Because I Love You

As an Angel, I must work diligently to allow the dying to die by lifting the pain that binds them to their body. Under no circumstances may we allow the species we are helping to suffer any pain by waiting for some other miracle to happen. We are the miracle.
But while drifting around I-89 State highway, I witnessed az drunk driver barrel inti the passenger side of a van. Chunks of metal flew to the other lane, slowing traffic to a painful crawl. Sensing that someone was wounded, I flew down to find the drunken driver unharmed, but behind the upturned van, an old man was leaning over the limp body of his wife, cussing and crying. My heart sank. Many years ago, before my young life was unexpectedly ripped from its seams...

My thoughts were interrupted by tne sobs of the man. I knew what my job was, yet I couldn't do it. I watched, broken-hearted, as he stroked her cheek and kissed her forehead. He looked likea child, cradling a well worn doll.

...I was hit by a drunken driver. My Mother visited me every day, wishing it was her he had hit.

Sirens wailed in the distance. I knew she was going to be saved. Looking down at her, with tears trickling down my cheeks, I managed to smile. It has benn thirty years since my death, and I missed her dearly, but it wasn't my Mother's time yet.

NightFury said...
NightFury, Innocence, California

"Everyday's a gift and not a given right."

Good job. I liked it :)

UnspokenWords21 SILVER, Shelbyville, Illinois

Giving up doesn't mean you're weak...it means you are strong enough to let go...

Chills and Goosebumps!!! I loved it!

tajoines24 BRONZE, Austin, Texas

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lossed almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I suceed."
-Michael Jordan

I got the chills from reading this! Very good! Please check out my work, Its called The Search and Rescue Mission

Dragleaa123 said...
Beautiful, I agree, excellent idea and sad. But a happy sad. I did not expect the mom connection which gave the short story a twist.

Mortie PLATINUM, Oak Run, California

Whats The Point?

tht waz really good!

i luved it!

=D

whoa so good, it gave me the chills. if i could SuperLike this, i would've. :)

Natie SILVER said...
Natie SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

"Struggle as hard as you can for whatever you believe in" -ahaha thats from a Fortune Cookie :D

OMG! That was ridiculously good!! I was honestly tearing up..PLease continue to write more!! I love the whole concept, although watch out for the grammatical errors and also add more details, but other than that, I think you'll do great:)

-Natie

waiting_to_be_found GOLD, Conifer, Colorado
Interesting idea. I really like where you could go with this. Keep writing it! And add some more detail, etc. Good.

Onceknown BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

Courage is doing what your afraid to do
There can be no courage unless your scared
-Eddie Rickerbacker

This is very beatiful. I like reading it.