Why Her Not Me Part 3 | Teen Ink

Why Her Not Me Part 3

By CreativeFreakkk DIAMOND, Spencer, Iowa
CreativeFreakkk DIAMOND, Spencer, Iowa

Stand up for what you believe in even if it means standing alone. -Andy Biersack
Sometimes you gotta fall before you can fly. -Kellin Quinn
You made me hate my own reflection. -Sleeping With Sirens

The next day is Saturday, so I have nothing to do, I decide to take my dog on a walk. My dog is a full bred black, white, and gray husky with bright blue eyes.

“Come on, Selena,” I call out, and then wait a couple of seconds, sure enough I hear the faint jingle of the bells on her collar slowly becoming louder.

“You want to go on a walk?” Selena barks in response, we taught her that one bark means yes and two means no.

“Well come here so I can put your leash on you.”

She just kept running around in circles barking wildly.

When I (finally) got the leash on her it was because I pretty much tackled her.

After I was about a block from my house, I heard someone slowly gaining on me. A few seconds later they are right by me. As it turned out it was someone from school. Lila Gruesome.

“Hi, I heard what happened, and I’m sorry for your loss.”

“Thanks, I just miss her so much.”

“Well so do a lot of other people,” she pauses. “Well I gotta go,” she says a few moments later.

When I get home I find Damian sitting on my porch.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Damian.

“There’s nothing to do, so I came over to see if you wanted to do anything today. Well that and I needed to tell you something.”

“What?”

“Umm, my boss kinda isn’t very happy that I didn’t kill you so now he wants to come kill you personally. So now we have to find a way to keep him from doing that.”

“Why does he? He still got a soul, so why does it matter?”
“You were supposed to become a major reaper,” he answered a split second later.

“Why can’t Lindsey become one?”

“She doesn’t contain reaper powers in the pit of her soul.”

“And I supposedly do?”

“Yes, in fact your powers are stronger than any other major reaper that has ever lived.”

“In theory wouldn’t my powers get stronger the longer I’m alive?”

“Only if you don’t know about them, which now you do, so no, sorry.”

“So now he can kill me and not have to worry about my powers needing to grow? Why did you even tell me about you taking Lindsey’s life instead of mine when you knew he would still won’t to kill me, because now I’m in more danger then I was in before.”

“You actually won’t be dead long, you will only be dead about thirty minutes, and that’s only because it takes ten minutes to get the soul fully from the body, ten minutes for the spell to fully dissolve in the soul, and another ten to get the soul back into the body,” he said completely ignoring my second question.

“Aww, so sweet you're preparing her for me, startled I jump up and whirl around to find a tall guy with curly black hair standing in my doorway of my house.

“No, I am actually telling her what would happen if you did get to her, so she doesn’t panic too much.”

After Damian said that he grabbed my hand, and the next thing I knew I was surrounded in complete darkness. Once I was in the darkness for what felt like five or ten minutes, I started hearing loud, booming rock music.

“Are you okay?” I faintly heard someone ask me.

“Umm, yeah I think so,” I said looking up to see that it was Damian who had asked me. “Where are we?”

“A club. Where? I have no idea.” He told me with a small chuckle like it was nothing that we just ended up in a club, and have no idea where we are.

“How did we get here?”

“I teleported us so Ashley wouldn’t get to you.”

“How can you teleport us somewhere and not know where you teleported us to? And who is Ashley?”

“My bosses’ name is Ashley, and I don’t know where I teleported us, because I just wanted to go somewhere to get away from him even if its only for a few minutes.”

“Wow, I guess today is a first for everything, I didn’t know guys could be named Ashley, and I didn’t realize you could do such stupid things.”

“I know I thought Ashley was a girl when they first told me he would be my boss. Okay we need to go figure out where we are so we can start hiding from him, but I can’t teleport anymore, he could already be here by now, because Grims get to see where the reapers that work for them port,” he said yet again ignoring the second thing I said.

“And if we are on the other side of the country, or in the United States?”

“We walk.”

“Found you,” I hear after about thirty minutes of me and Damian walking around, asking people where we are, but most of the time when we asked someone they were either drunk or as soon as we asked someone, someone pulled them off onto the dance floor. The sound nearly scared me to death because it was right in my ear.

“Damian, he’s here.”

“Where?”

“Right by me.”

“No one is by you except a drunk.”

“Oh darling, he can’t see me, I’m using a glamour to shield me from his eyes, I was a fey before I died, so now I can touch iron, that’s one of the good things, I can also use the magic I had before I died. I guess he didn’t tell you that my brother is your biological father, and since your mother is human, that makes you half fey.”

“Whats a fey?”

“Fairy,” he said sighing like I was boring or annoying him.

“Who are you talking to?” I hear Damian ask me.

“Like I told you before, Ashley is right by me.”

“Oh god, I forgot he’s half fey. Come on we need to get out of here.”

Just then I felt a brush of cold air, and hear Ashley say ‘Die time.’ A few moments later I felt a sharp pain right under my left rib cage, when he ripped the dagger back, blood started to spill out of my stomach, down my clothes and on to the floor. The last thing I hear was Damian say something that sounded like Arkania’s blood. Then everything goes black.

Damian-

“It’s laced in Arkania’s blood!” I shouted out to no one in particular. Ivy was laying in a pool of her own blood, and around where the dagger jutted out from her stomach it was turning a slight greenish color, it was turning the blood that was dripping out into the same greenish hue.

“I told you I was going to get her soul. I don’t care if you got me a different soul or not, I wanted hers!” I heard Ashley say with maybe me hearing some guilt in his voice.

“Why do you want her dead so bad. You entered her death time by hand into the system just so I would have to kill her!”

“Because she was never meant to be born.”