The Worst Possible High School Crush | Teen Ink

The Worst Possible High School Crush

By Novice-writer BRONZE, Noble, Oklahoma
Novice-writer BRONZE, Noble, Oklahoma

Behind every man, is a woman rolling her eyes.
Jim Carry

It’s Monday. I’ve been waiting all weekend for today. I want to make sure I look nice. I slip on my tank-top with a built-in bra. Put on my half t-shirt. Its fall, so I put my favorite pair of jeans on. My converses are pink and worn out, just right for my jeans. I slept in a pony-tail, so my hair is creased. I brush it out and put it back in a weird pony-tail. Oh, well. I put my contacts in. I gather my things that I need for school, take my phone off the charger, grab my headphones, and some peanuts.

Since it was cold, the bus took longer. I was freezing in my almost too small Gap hoodie. Finally the bus is here. It’s warm. I plug in my headphones to my phone and listen to my favorite song. Next thing I know, I’m in the middle of nowhere, picking up kids who live out here.

Finally. I’m at school. I look for him. He’s nowhere to be found. He wasn’t here on Friday, so if he’s not here today, I’ll be sad. We aren’t allowed to get into our lockers until 8:45. It’s 8:20. I find my friends and keep trying to find him.

Joshua. My crush. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. He’s beautiful. He’s in my 1st, 5th, and 6th hour. Basically I see him most of the day. Plus, we sit by each other in every class. My life rocks.

8:45. Better get moving before I get run over. First up, reading class. A.K.A. 1st hour. The moment of truth. He’s here! Now I don’t have to be sad. I really like him, but there are rumors that ever since he moved here strange things have been going on in town. They keep saying that more people have been disappearing. I know it’s not his fault… or is it?

I'm still working on it. If you have any suggestions, please comment.