My Home | Teen Ink

My Home

December 18, 2011
By amber603 GOLD, Durango, Colorado
amber603 GOLD, Durango, Colorado
10 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I will always love you. That's where I'll be waiting." - J.M.B.

To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." - J.K.R.


The wind glides singing its carefree tone as it flows down the grand mountains.
Along its journey it passes by a gentle stream as clear as glass with silvery fish swimming by the dark, shiny rocks that the almighty sun shines upon.
Further down the mountain through the dancing peaceful trees, the song of the wind awakened the creatures of the forest of the new day.
Down in near the turquoise lake, I sit reading the wonders that the world can bring in fantasy and seeping in the suns rays under an old oak tree that has lived through it all.
As I read, the wind gets nearer as it blows the changing colors of the forest with it, while I get closer to the end of the book.
Then right when I close the cover, the wind song flows through me.
I hear the stream waters song and the small sounds of animals emerging from their home, the scent of pine needles tickle my nose, and the color of the wind is a blast of warmth as it flies by, going to tell the others that Fall as arrived.
As the winds carefree tone ends its journey, the sky lights up like a huge rainbow as the sun sets in the sky, creating a painting of wonder.
This is my home, this is where I belong.


The author's comments:
Fantasy and Home, this piece is about my ideal place i call my home. It's like the Garden of Edan for me, i wish to go there but not to soon. Please comment.