A Blood Promise. Part 2 | Teen Ink

A Blood Promise. Part 2

January 29, 2010
By Lovestonedloser GOLD, Orlando, Florida
Lovestonedloser GOLD, Orlando, Florida
17 articles 0 photos 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
If your always looking down, you'll never see the beauty of the stars.


We didn’t speak after that, we just walked robotically side by side threw out the day. He did not question how I knew what he thought of and I was thankful for that.
I didnt know how this happened and I didn’t want to. All I know is I wanted it to stop…and fast.
As we walked to the bus I heard his thoughts buzzing around inside his head. I tried to tune them out but they spoke to me louder then ever “How did she know?” he slumped down in a seat by the window and I took the seat beside him. He glanced over from the corner of his eye and gave me a skeptical look but then returned his attention to the window “Maybe she was just lucky? Yeah that is it, or maybe I really did say it out loud” I sighed and leaned against the bus seat. Knowing this would be the longest bus ride of my life. Once the bus came to a halt at my and Christian’s stop we got off in silence. The tension and awkward appeal was so appalling that you could taste it.
“How’s your hand Chris?”
He looked at me, studying my eyes for a moment and then returning his gaze to the concrete we walked on “Hurts like hell and I pulled off a piece of skin this morning” his thoughts startled me, I knew the cut on his hand was deep. But I did not think it was that bad “It’s okay, stings a little” he gave me a fabricated smile and then nodded to my gloved hands

“yours?”
I shrugged my shoulders softly and looked around “it’s fine” I made sure no one we knew was close. Once it was clear, I pulled off my gloves. The wound from last night was still fresh, dried blood lined the cut making it look worse then it was. the autumn air stung against it. Christian smiled slightly and unwrapped his hand. His cut was worse then mine. It looked similar, dark dried blood lined it across his palm. Blood on the ace bandage told me the skin he ripped off must of reopened it. I gently rubbed his cut with my index finger becoming startled when he flinched “ouch!!” his thoughts made me feel guilty. I withdrew my hand softly “I’m sorry I hurt you”

He raised his eye brow and gave me a look. The same look he gave me back in the cafeteria “That didn’t hurt” I rolled my eyes, I wanted to tell him he was lying, that I know it did hurt him, but then again, how could I explain how I knew?
“Kay” I said faking a smile as we approached my house “So what are you doing Friday night?” I asked curious. When I asked he got a smug smile on his face. He practically glowed in the sunlight.
“I have a date with Angela Summers”

I felt the growls grow in my chest, I rolled my eyes to show my disgust “Why?” my tone came out cold and uncaring. But Christian was too good for her. She was one school cheerleaders. Typical cheerleader look. Blond hair, Blue eyes, big chest, and small clothes. Why Christian would be interested in her I haven’t the slightest.
“Why Don’t you like her?” he questioned putting a gentle hand on my shoulder “You have nothing to hate against her, your so much more beautiful. Smarter and such a better person” his thoughts made me smile so much it probably scared him “She’s never done anything to you” I rolled my eyes again and gently placed my hand on top of his, seeing the hairs on his arms rise “You’re too good for her Chris. You deserve better”
He bit his lower lip and shrugged his shoulders, his thoughts started out but cut off again. I wondered if he was catching on that I could hear him.
“In our school. Cannot get much better then Angela” his tone was teasing and light, but his eyes showed a more serious problem. I thought about what I heard earlier. His dream about Him and I, was that really a dream? Or a ‘dream’.
He seemed to catch on to my train of thought and dropped his hand to shove both his hands in his pockets “About earlier” his hesitation made me realize he was truly uncomfortable about this subject “How’d you know what I was thinking?”
I opened my mouth but closed it back, How could I tell him I heard his thoughts without him thinking I was insane?. Then it hit me. Until I realized what was going on myself I could not tell him. As much as it hurt me to keep secrets from Christian I had to do it until I knew the truth. I gave him my best fabricated smile and shrugged lightly “Lucky guess”. he gave me a look of disbelief, Christian was not the easiest person to convince but he seemed to shake it off as he looked at his watch. “I got to get home” he leaned forward and kissed my cheek with gentle lips before turning his back to me and disappearing down the sidewalk. “I was so close” his thoughts faded off into the distance.

I sighed and walked inside my house. Dropping my backpack to the side and sliding to the floor with my back against the door. Christian was my best friend. I can somehow read his mind? And I have to keep it from him? This cannot end well.
And as I pondered what was happening My phone rang
“Hello”
“Ava bear It’s me”
“Caleb?” This so cant be happening right now!.

The author's comments:
Teen ink only allows you to post so much at once :( so the chapters will have to come in parts. Heres the second Installment of Ava and Christian's story :)
I have more then this. If i get a fair enough of comments and rates i'll submit more :)