I Hate Vampires | Teen Ink

I Hate Vampires

"You have killed hundreds of blood thirsty vampires, defeated an army of demons, single handled brought about the downfall of the greatest sorcerer in
history and you can't kill a spider?" Milo stared goggle eyed at me.

I was standing tip toed, pressed flat against the wall of my new room. I squealed in terror as the eight legged creature moved half an inch closer to me from
across the room. That thing was freakin scary! Milo laughed, it was the first time he had ever seen me do anything remotely girlie. The spider, as though
mocking me sped forward another inch. I let out another cry of terror.

There was a sound of foot prints stampeding down the hall and two more faces appeared at my door.

"Is everything OK? It sounds like someone is getting mutilated." Braxton's voice filled the room with worry. He stared down at the scene confused. The spider
moved again and I shrieked and began tearing at the walls as if hoping to climb them to escape. If you couldn't tell, I don't like spiders... there is just
something about them...

The three boys all exchanged looks and began cracking up. All of them rolling on the floor in a fit of giggles. Their movement caused the spider to set into
motion, once more running towards me. I went ballistic.

"GET-THAT-THING-OUT-OF-MY-ROOM-RIGHT-NOW..." I sputtered in a mixture of terror and rage at the boys.

Still laughing Milo stepped forward and grabbed a Kleenex form a box off my desk. He knelt down and quickly grabbed it, mushing it between his fingers. I
shuddered but didn't move from my position until he threw the crumpled up Kleenex into my waste basket.

"That was definitely one of the funnier things I have ever witnessed in my life." Andy said wiping a tear from his eye from laughing so hard. I glared at
all of them.

"Not funny." I muttered. It had only been a week and a half of living here and already I felt like I had three brothers in these boys. Three mean older brothers who liked to tease me.

"I really was beginning to think you were seriously not fazed by anything!" Milo smiled at me. "There is girl in you after all." I rolled my eyes.

"Pathetic human," Said a dark voice. My head whipped around the room to its source. There leaning against the wall in a dark corner with his arms folded was
The person I loathed most of all. He glared at me. The feeling was mutual.

Bloodsucking Jasper.

"Bite me." I hissed. He had obviously heard the commotion and thought we were under attack or something. There is no other reason in the world for why he would have materialized into my room.

"It could be arranged." he shot back.

"Bloodsucker..." I muttered under my breath. I grabbed my towel and pajamas which I had dropped at the appearance of the spider.

"I want you all out of my room!" I demanded pushing past them and into the hallway. I couldn't wait to get to the bathroom and shower. I was still gross from the hunt earlier that night. I entered the bathroom door slamming it shut behind me.

In the bathroom the light blazed. It was the brightest place in the whole house. Everywhere else was dimly lit. To make Pete more comfortable no doubt.

Spoiled.

I stared into the mirror. I had pale skin, most likely due to my lack of sunlight. Straight red hair that fell just below my shoulders, but I kept it in a ponytail most of the time to keep it out of my eyes. I stared into my piercing slate blue eyes, (at least that’s what people tell me, I don’t quite understand whats so piercing about them. I sighed, and started the bath water.

Well Dodger. I thought to myself. This is your life.

_________________________

After my shower I decided a snack was in order. I skipped down to the kitchen in a much better mood now that I was clean.
Thinking hard for a prank that would help me get the boys back for giving me a hard time about the spider as I dug through the fridge for something to
satisfy me. I found some grated cheese and tortillas.

Quesadilla here I come. I thought grabbing a plate from the cabinet.

It was early morning (because of our lifestyles daytime was our nighttime) and the other boys were probably in bed asleep. Last night had been hard and had
taken a lot out of us. The vampire invasion was getting ridiculous lately. That is why they had recruited me. They sought me out, hearing of my slaying
abilities (Milo had listed them earlier) and convinced me to leave my home and come back to Chicago with them. It had been three months since the city I had
lived at had been officially announced 'vampire free'. I was ready to get back in the game so I happily accepted their offer. Little did I know they had
forgotten to mention one thing: Him.

The most arrogant, rude, conceded, disgusting, annoying, cheeky, sleazy, narcissistic, jerk I have ever met in all of my existence: Jasper Sohma.

I slammed the microwave door at the thought of his name.

They had not mentioned that a bloodsucker was on the team! Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever willingly walked into this house if I knew who would
be sleeping just two floors below me. The only reason I hadn't walked out on all of them was because of how bad of shape the city was in. It almost seemed as
if there were more vampires then humans.

"Bloodsucking jerk..." I mumbled a string of not so pleasant names under my breath as I pulled out a cup to pour myself a drink of whatever kind of juice I
could find.

I remembered walking into the house with all of my belongings for the first time. I had walked in one of the boys had flicked on the light and immediately
I dropped everything and attacked the vampire standing in the living room. I tackled him to the ground and held up a stake that I always kept on me, aiming
right for his heart. I had almost succeeded too, before the other three boys ripped me off of him.

The microwave gave off a loud annoying beep announcing the completion of my quesadilla. I pushed the button and the door popped open.

I could only imagine what my face must have looked like as they explained to me that Jasper was actually a part of the team they had formed. If there was one
thing I hated in this world it was vampires, and it didn't help that he was obnoxious and bitter towards everything.

We mainly left each other alone, completely ignoring one another. But the few times we did have a run in, the boys ran for cover. Afraid for their lives. The
fights usually ended with his mouth at my throat and my wooden stake at his heart. The other boys would have to peek their heads out form whatever shelter
they had taken and remind us that without either of us our disinfecting of Chicago would be impossible.

As much as I hated to admit it Jasper was a very valuable player for our side. But as soon as we had descummed Chicago I would kill him in a heart beat. I am
sure he had a similar plan for me.

He was just so.... RRRRR!

I shovelled a piece of my quesadilla into my mouth and chewed angrily.

I had worked myself up so much that I realized I was not tired at all. I knew I should sleep for the hunt that night but I ignored my common sense and
decided after my snack I would take a walk. I hadn't seen the sun for a while now. I had just started to switch back to being awake for the daylight when the
boys had found me, and now I had trained myself to again switch back to the night.

I downed my food and drink and put the dishes in the dish washer ready for the next load. I found my shoes and tiptoed quietly out the front door. Once
outside I was met by a blue gray world. The dull morning light before the sun peeked over the horizon. I walked down the street. A few cars passed but I
didn't meet anyone on the side walk. It was very peaceful.

The hideout was in a less busy part of town, an inconspicuous three story house which looked just like the ones next to it. The only apparent difference was
that blinds and curtains always covered the windows blocking any natural light that might have come in. We could thank Pete for that adjustment. I turned
down another street. This one lined with ware houses. They were lifeless thanks to the early time.

I stopped suddenly. My ears strained. I had heard something.

Hermione-Granger BRONZE, Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
Please make a sequel, this was so amazing and I want more!!!!

olivialand said...
olivialand,
I hope there is a sequel to your writing. I really enjoyed it and it was interesting. Keep up the good work. Please, please, please don't leave it at a cliff hanger.

WinterFrost BRONZE, Mountain Ranch, California

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
~ Edgar Allen Poe

Wow great job! Loved it! You left with a cliff-hanger so I hope there's going to be a sequel!

CyberLynx BRONZE, Lansing, Michigan

"In order for one to know the world, one must first know oneself"

It also has awesome vocabulary!  

CyberLynx BRONZE, Lansing, Michigan

That was really good, just some of the sentence structure is off, so parts of it was kind of confuing.

Red546 GOLD said...
Red546 GOLD, Warrenton, Georgia
I have a thing for vampires that are not from Twilight. Brilliant! i must have more!

AnInkling SILVER, Castle Rock, Colorado

“This is your life. Is it everything you dreamed that it would be, when the world was younger and you had everything to lose?” Switchfoot
“Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?” Galatians 4:16

I really enjoyed this story. You have a very engaging style, but I might suggest more descriptions of the places they are in. However you left us all hanging!

BorderlineGenius777 SILVER, Lewiston, Idaho

"If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap, whence everyone must take an equal portion, most would be content to take their own and depart."- Socrates

Not too bad. A little constructive criticism: Look over it a little bit for run-on sentences. Seriously though, I like it. Don't listen to that Carie Price girl, she obviously doesn't know a good story;) and may I say thank you for trying to keep good vampire stories alive instead of following the herd and writing some stupid teen love affair. Very wonderful:)

Vee_tinkerbell BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
I like how its written like real people think. im tired of "proper" manner of things. good job!

CariePierce BRONZE, Lancaster, Pennsylvania

"Imagination rules the world." -Napoleon Bonaparte

This needs quite a bit of work.

LeeAnn1996 GOLD, Vernon, Alabama

There's nothing to be afraid of if you face it first.

This is really good, plz keep writing. :)