How do people fall in love? | Teen Ink

How do people fall in love?

Love. Love has lived her life waiting to find someone who feels what she feels. She always seems to share her heart to the wrong people. The ones who manipulate her, knowing she gives her heart too easily. It’s all she knows of how to treat others; however, she gets heartbroken every time. Will she ever find someone who can treat her right?

Love’s heart was spilling out. It was starting to empty, and she needed someone to save her. If her heart emptied completely, she would die—dissolve into a pile of dust. At the rate of her heart spilling out right now, she would be dead by midnight. Only the act of a true love’s kiss can save her now. Meaning she had to meet her soulmate in a day’s time.

Love was on the hunt today—a hunt to find her true love. As her heart empties, she gets more and more fatigued. There is one object that will help her find her true love: a watch that points her in the direction of her soulmate. The watch was given to her last night by her mother—Romance. Romance once used this watch to find her true love—Charming. The watch gave Love hope that she could actually find him. The only issue is that the watch doesn’t tell her how far away she is from her soulmate. She could be following the pointer for hundreds of miles. 

It was time for Love to start her journey. She packed in case she’d be gone for a while. Her curse is starting to cause her to have some fatigue, and she’s getting nervous. She heads out the door and checks her watch to see which direction she should start in. It’s facing North, so she starts her walk headed directly North. 

Love is about five miles in, and the curse is getting worse. She wishes for something or someone to aid her in her travels. Just then, it’s as if the gods heard her wish, a carriage with a horse appears about ten feet in front of her. She goes up to the horse, pets it, and tells it to continue North as she hops into the carriage. She falls asleep, and the horse carries her over 50 miles! When she awakens, the watch’s pointer has started to shift to the left, meaning she is close to her soulmate.

She hops off the carriage, and gives the horse a treat before continuing her journey by foot. It’s getting late, meaning it’s going to start getting dark soon. She also realizes just how worn out she is. The curse is really coming into play now. She knows that if she can’t make it to her true love within a certain amount of time, she might not have the energy to find him in the end. She doesn’t let that discourage her, however, and she walks with strength towards the pointer. 

It’s become dark. Love can tell she’s close to her soulmate, but she has to find his exact location now. The curse is getting to her, disabling parts of her body like her hands and toes. She walks through the town in which her soulmate resides. She goes up to doors to see if the watch points her inside. She has gone up to 30 houses, none of them are the house of her soulmate. 

Love is losing hope; she has gone up to almost every house, and none of them had her soulmate. She walks up the street in search of any other dwellings, and to her surprise, she realizes she hasn’t searched the town's mansion. She looks down at her watch, and it points directly to it. She runs to the stairs, but she trips over and over because of the curse. It’s hard for her to climb the stairs, but she pushes through it. 

She makes it to the top and bursts in the house, unwelcomed. The parents are sitting on the couch right past the doorway, and question why she has barged in. She says she needs to see their son, and he appears at the top of the stairwell next to her. He runs down to her, and Love recognizes him. It’s Passion, the boy she admired five years ago. She told him her story, and that only an act of a true love kiss will save her.

After explaining everything, she faints, and Passion catches her. He brings her over to the couch, and gently places a kiss on her lips. He waits to see what is going to happen. Love slowly opens her eyes! She’s alive! She found her true love just in time, and everything worked out perfectly. After everything she went through to get here, she finally understood that there really was that one person for her. Love’s heart was filled, and she lived happily ever after with her husband—Passion.