Boundless | Teen Ink

Boundless

By Jia-Z GOLD, Mclean, Virginia
Jia-Z GOLD, Mclean, Virginia

How do we forgive ourselves for all the things we did not become?
-Doc Luben

There once was a fairy who danced for the universe.

His movements stirred the orbits of planets, and on his shoulders rested stars that twinkled with each sweep of his arms. With every breath came the birth of nebulas, dazzling splotches of color that painted his galaxies. If he traced his fingers above his head, a shower of meteors would follow. When he cried, his tears became comets, dashing across deep space to take away the pain. When he smiled, not even the brightest stars could outshine him. 

For centuries, the fairy danced majestically, creating new worlds and clearing away old ones with each majestic leap and bow. Each step he took with care, lighter than a butterfly's touch.

But as time went on, he began to feel unhappy. Despite his centuries of dancing, no one has ever watched, nor appreciated, his skill.

The fairy decided to find someone to be his audience. Surely in this vast universe, there must be someone willing to watch him dance.

He ventured deep into the cosmos, encountering many adventures and beauties. After many years, he came across a vibrant nebula. The breathtaking colors drew him in, and before long he began exploring in the clouds. Unexpectedly, he saw something- or someone -resting within it. Excitedly, he rushed forward. Was this his chance to make a friend?

They turned around as he came near, and the fairy shyly smiled in greeting. This person had Saturn-like rings hanging around their head in a magnificent halo. Nebulous smoke clung to them like silk, while bits of icy comets hovered around their person. When they returned his smile, the fairy moved closer. He asked about who they were, and they replied that they were a wanderer. They returned the question, and the fairy replied that he was simply a dancer.

Before long, the two became fast friends. In the infinite space, company is hard to come by. They clung together, unwilling to let go. The fairy told his friend of his dream. He wanted to show them his dance. He even wanted to dance with them. 

His friend thought for a second. Then they said, “Watch this.”

Slowly, his friend pulled some smoke from the nebula, then gently blew it into the still cosmos. The fairy was confused, but just as he began to ask, he heard whispering. Stunned, he looked closer at some nearby stars. With a startled gasp he realized- they were alive! Suddenly, his silent universe was now full of excitement. Comets yelled greetings to passing meteors. Planets conversed as they orbited their mother star. Constellations giggled as they told secrets. His friend watched his awe, happy that they could make his eyes sparkle. “Now, you have more than me for your audience.”

The fairy beamed at them, then stepped forward. He threw his arms up and the voices hushed. For the first time, to the tune of starlight and galaxies, the fairy danced for a friend.

....

Stars lit his dance stage as they fluttered and twinkled, gasping at his daring performances. Galaxies cooed while he bowed, shifting their magnificent stars and colors. Meteors fell behind him, filling the abyss with sparks of light and hope. And with them, his new friend clapped along, watching the fairy dance for them.

larissacaps145 SILVER, Kirkland, Washington
Wow! That was very nice!

DesdemoniaDee SILVER, Wördern, Other

“All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was. If you can get so that you can give that to people, then you are a writer.”
― Ernest Hemingway

This is a great text. Like a space fairy tale. The vocabulary is also ver nice.