True Love? | Teen Ink

True Love?

January 31, 2017
By Anonymous

I am not one to believe in love at first sight, let alone true love. I believe, or believed, that love was when you met someone who had similar interests, the same lifestyle, and whose flaws you could handle. When people said Caroline love is not at all this, I was stunned. How could someone be so foolish as to think that there was a magical feeling in you, some call it a “spark”, that connected you to a person? No, that was just foolish. I have always been a realist, and some thought that I was, sometimes, harsh. I believe you control your feelings, thoughts, and emotions. That is, until I walked into a coffee shop one morning.

Daily Brews is the coffee shop that I basically live in. I pack my bags and go work down there while sipping on my coffee every morning. They are the only people who can make my coffee: extra bold coffee with mint, lemon, milk, and a dash of ginger. Sounds weird, I know, but it is a lifesaver. So, when I was sitting in my booth and I hear a man order my exact cup of coffee, I was stunned!

I looked up and saw this amazing man waiting for his java. I couldn’t, and still can’t, believe what I was feeling. I felt a spark, yes a love spark. He looked over and saw me staring at him. It was quite embarrassing, actually. He simply smiled at me and came to sit. We talked till they closed and he walked me home.

We went on many dates after that, only to get married a year later. I had never believed in true love, but when I saw this man I realized two things, not only did I believe in true love, but love at first sight. Our daughters name is Emma and our lives couldn’t be happier!


The author's comments:

This is not my story, but a friends. Leave a comment if you enjoyed it! :)