The Prophecy: Ember's Story | Teen Ink

The Prophecy: Ember's Story

By babybunny DIAMOND, Hickory, North Carolina
babybunny DIAMOND, Hickory, North Carolina

"there are no friends or enemies in this life; just selfish desires based on instincts and self lustings."

Chapter One Part 2

Suddenly, her feet hit pavement and tehy stood in front of a house, Ember's house. The two people were Ember's parents! The creature left the baby on the doorstep and left. A few moments later, the door to the house, Ember's house, opened and two people stepped on to the porch and starred down at the baby in shock. The two people were Ember's parents! The picked the baby up in their arms and took the baby inside. Then, the vision blurred and turned a redish orange. "AAhh!" Ember screamed. A jolt to her temple had brought her out of her vision. She opened her eyes and found herself on her back, staring up at the clear blue sdy. She got up. climbed back up onto level ground,and proceded to walk home. Why did she have these visions every time she meditated? Who was that baby who looked an awful like her? Why were her parents holding that baby? One word came to mind. Adoption. Was she adopted? No, her parents would have told her. Or would they? At this point she wasn't sure if she could trust them. She would definately question them when she got home. She made her way up her drivewaywhen she felt something wet just below her left temple. She brought her hand up and touched it. At her touch, the spot ached and throbbed a bit. She brought her hand back down and looked at it. Something bright red was on it. Blood. She was bleeding. She ran up the porch, into the house past her parents in the kitchen who were making dinner, and into the bathroom. Ember peered in the mirror at the throbbing spot, but there was no cut and the throbbing had suddenly stopped. The only thing that layed there was a crimson red streak of blood from right below her temple to her jow. She took a peice of toliet paper and wiped it clean. Odd, she thought. So wound, but blood. Very odd. She tossed the newly bloodied peice of toliet paper in the garbage can beside the toilet and peered back in the mirror. Definately no sign of a flesh wound. "Ember! Dinner." called her mother. Ember turned on the faucet, stuck her hands under the running water, and wiped them on her jeans. Turning out the light and walking toward the dinning room, she knew this was going to be a very memorable dinner.

This book is dedicated to my loving boyfriend Spencer.