It's Pain | Teen Ink

It's Pain

She listened to the words he was speaking calmly. "Listen, I think we should just be friends, I love Sammy" he looked down at the ground, and she squeezed her eyes shut, wanting to wake up from the nightmare that was playing out. He looked back up at her, wanting to smash his head into a wall. "What about the promises?" she whispered softly, more to herself than to him. "You said you were over Sammy" she said still in a whisper. "You promised me you loved me!" she finally screamed at him. Tears welled up in the corner of her eyes, and he embraced her with his arms. "Shh" he cooed. "I'm sorry Tyla"

She couldn't believe what she was hearing. You couldn't just break up with someone then expect to fix it with a hug and an "I'm sorry." She forced herself out of his embrace, regretting it as she did so. She wiped her eyes with her sleeve, while she fought back the urge to run back into his arms.
While he was walking towards her, she walked backwards shaking her head. "Stay away Alex, you've done enough." His eyes showed sorrow, never did he think she'd react like this. She hit the wall and slid to the floor. After she put her head to her knees she let out a helpless sob. He wanted to "accidentally" fall down a flight of stairs, to ease all of her pain. Without him she'd be able to move on, to find someone that would actually treat her well. She had stayed strong through all the drama, now she was finally breaking down.
Alex finally reached to where she was sitting and slowly sat down in front of her on his knees, she didn't even look up at him. "Tyla, look at me" she raised her head and stared at him, her gaze was still loving and soothing. He hadn't put a dent in her love. "Listen love, can you be strong once more, for me?" She thought about shaking her head, saying she didn't want to be strong anymore, she wanted to be weak and helpless. Instead, she nodded her head.

He gave her a small hug, and with that walked out the door. After he left she let it out. She cried, not softly, but loudly. She threw her head back against the wall and let the tears run out of her eyes, down her cheeks to the hard wooden floor.

She didn't know how long she sat there after he left. After she composed herself, she stood up. Her legs were still shaking, and below her eyes stung. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was sticking to the sides of her face, her eyes were bloodshot, and her throat was burning.
She walked aimlessly around her bedroom. Finally, she collapsed on her bed. Alex consumed her every thought. Exhaustion overcame her, and she fell into a dreamless sleep.

At 7:00 AM sharp her alarm clock went off. She flailed her arms around trying to shut it off. She found the snooze button and stared up at the plain white ceiling. Oh, what a joyful day this will be, she thought to herself. On the bright side, her parents were out of town visiting her mother's parents, and it was Saturday. She didn't have to force herself to go through regular, daily activities.

She sat cross legged, rubbing her temples with her index fingers, trying to rid away of the pounding migraine she had. After it was painfully clear that the migraine wasn’t going away, she slowly left her bed.

When she looked into the mirror she didn’t recognize the person staring back at her. Her usually straight brunette hair was sticking up in all directions, her light blue eyes were framed with red, there was no emotion in them at all.

DJAlyss GOLD said...
DJAlyss GOLD, El,paso, Texas

Practice doesn't make perfect,
Practice makes Permanent

Wow when he said "Can you be strong for me one more time" I was like -_- . Well written amazing story I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Emilyyyy said...
Tyla, you're an amazing writer. This is a good one. ^^